Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 11142.ps vs RFC1142.txt

From: maya cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:48:38 -0700 (PDT)

Can anyone tell me where I can get an update postscript version of rfc 1142.
The .txt and .ps versions on the IETF site are different. They both have the same date February 1990. But the .txt version has some updates (authentication, overload bit etc). The .ps version is old. It is hard to read the .txt version and I would like to print a hard copy. I found a few sites that had the old .ps version.  Where can I get an updated postscript version?
 
Thanks
maya

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Les Ginsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:21:04 -0700

At 10:48 AM 10/21/2004 -0700, maya cook wrote:
>The .txt and .ps versions on the IETF site are different. They both have 
>the same date February 1990. But the .txt version has some updates 
>(authentication, overload bit etc). The .ps version is old. It is hard to 
>read the .txt version and I would like to print a hard copy. I found a few 
>sites that had the old .ps version.  Where can I get an updated postscript 
>version?
>

Maya -

RFC 1142 is obsolete - and has been ever since ISO 10589 was published back 
in 1992.
Please use ISO 10589:2002 - freely available at

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c030932_ISO_IEC_10589_2002(E).zip

    Les

(Chris/Dave/Alex - could we do something about getting the status of this 
document changed from "Informational" to "Obsolete" as this question seems 
to come up every 6 months or so??)

---

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:50:51 -0400

Maya -
    RFC 1142 is an imperfect copy of ISO 10589.  Accept no substitutes: get
the original.  

- jeff parker

On 10/21/04 1:48 PM, "maya cook" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The .txt and .ps versions on the IETF site are different. They both have the
> same date February 1990. But the .txt version has some updates
> (authentication, overload bit etc). The .ps version is old. It is hard to read
> the .txt version and I would like to print a hard copy. I found a few sites
> that had the old .ps version.  Where can I get an updated postscript version?
>  
> Thanks
> maya
>