Subject: [Isis-wg] IS-IS MIB bugs

From: Jonathan Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:34:46 +0100

Jeff,

We've got a few more comments on draft 16 of the MIB.  These are mainly very
minor editorial points, so shouldn't be too controversial.

 - The objects with syntax TimeTicks should not have units "seconds".   (The
description of TimeTicks says "hundredths of seconds since an epoch".)

 - The isisSummAddress and isisRedistributeAddrAddress objects should be
constrained to only include the relevant part of the prefix.  For example,
as currently defined, it would be possible to configure an entry in the
table for each of 172.19.11.89/24 and 172.19.11.51/24 (since these both have
a different index), even though they refer to a single summary prefix.  It
would be better for the MIB to mandate that the single entry 172.19.11.0/24
be configured instead.  It should be sufficient to add text such as the
following to the description of these objects:
"The address must not contain any set host bits (bits set after the address
prefix determined by isisSummAddrPrefixLen)."

 - There are a couple of typos in the comments for the Level 1 Manual Area
Address Table:
	- "table for for which" should read "table for which"	
	- "create more 3 rows" should read "create more than 3 rows"
	
 - Description for "Level 1 LSPs with segment number" should be "Level 1
LSPs with fragment number"

 - The description for isisLSPTLVTable should be something like "The table
of TLVs in LSPs in the database."

 - The description for isisLSPTLVEntry should be something like "Each entry
describes a TLV within an LSP currently stored in the system."

 - There is a missing . at the end of the following descriptions.
	isisSysStatPartChanges
            isisSysLevelSetOverload
	isisCircIfIndex
	isisCircIfSubIndex
	isisCircLevelHelloMultiplier
	isisPacketCounterTable
	isisPacketCounterEntry
	isisISAdjState

 - The spacing in the Unsigned16TC, and Unsigned8TC definitions (after
'SYNTAX' and 'STATUS') is inconsistent with other textual conventions.

 - There is an extra blank line after isisISAdj OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
isisObjects 6 }, and before isisISAdjUsage

Thanks,
Jon

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg