Subject: [Isis-wg] Version 18 of ISIS MIB

From: "Parker, Jeff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:47:31 -0500

I have had some initial feedback from Juergen Schoenwaelder to prepare the
MIB for review.  I have made a number of changes, and submitted the new
version as draft 18.

Here is short list of changes.

 --      Replaced FORMFEED with ^L
 --      Removed reference to MIB-II
 --      Added acknowledgements to Mike Bartlett, Chris Hops and Sundar
Raachandran
 --      Removed Long Lines
 --      Added IANA Consideration Section
 --      Added text on security section

I will be happy to unicast a copy.

Juergen is still concerned about the security section.  The guidelines
suggest we should include information about any object that represents a
security risk.  I offered to include a recursive reference to the entire
MIB, but we haven't reached closure on that point.  He has suggested that we
provide a conformance statement that allows implementations that only permit
read access, if that is what we anticipate.

- jeff parker

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:29:07 -0500

At 04:47 PM 2/17/05 -0500, Parker, Jeff wrote:
>MIB, but we haven't reached closure on that point.  

>He has suggested that we

I am in favor of an additional conformance statement of 
read-only.  Customers sometimes prefer to configure via
CLI (or someother mechanism) and not SNMP, so that is why
I am in favor of adding a read-only conformance statement.

 -Joan