Subject: [Isis-wg] CSPF

From: "Sugar, Sylvia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:53:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I am new to ISIS TE and i have a doubt here. We use SPF to calculate our topology and to install
routes in FIB. When ISIS TE is used we run CSPF in addition to our ordinary SPF. The result of the
SPF is used in updating the FIB (as usual) while results of the CSPF are fed into the MPLS modules
for them to select the best paths.

Is my understand correct?

CSPF in no way can affect the routes that i install in my kernel.

Thanks,
Sylvia

___________________________________________________________ 
ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: hemanthbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:52:33 +0530

Hi Sylvia,

       CSPF can be thought of as a separate module. In TE , an IGP's (
ISIS/OSPF) role is just to transport all the TE parameters. Its normal
route calculation still remains the same. CSPF will use the ISIS flooded
TE information to build its own TEDB( Traffic engineering database) and
compute the constraint based routes. This computed route will then be
used by some MPLS TE signaling protocol like RSVP-TE or CR-LDP to setup
the TE lsp (TE tunnel).

Bye
Hemanth

S.Hemanth Balaji.
Software Engineer.
Huawei Technologies India Pvt Ltd.
Bangalore, India.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Sugar, Sylvia
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 4:24 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Isis-wg] CSPF

Hi,

I am new to ISIS TE and i have a doubt here. We use SPF to calculate our
topology and to install
routes in FIB. When ISIS TE is used we run CSPF in addition to our
ordinary SPF. The result of the
SPF is used in updating the FIB (as usual) while results of the CSPF are
fed into the MPLS modules
for them to select the best paths.

Thanks,
Sylvia

___________________________________________________________ 
ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com