Subject: [Isis-wg] External route anouncement!

From: Mohit Thakur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 15:01:55 +0200

Hi,

I have few basic doubts, please clear them if you can.

Lets take the scenario of a simple network, having two routers:

R1 ---------- R2
R1 directly connected to R2 and running IS-IS between them (Level 1). If 
an external route is added to R1 (lets say statically), then...

1) The router R1 will be reported of an event, reaction to which would 
be a generation of an LSP L1?
2) If yes, the L1 - LSP generated will have an external reachability 
field and this new route will be contained in that field, i think its 
correct?
3) After this the CSNP will be exchanged regularly, is that th correct 
order of event happening?
4) So ultimately the role of CSNP is to check (so called update) 
LSPDatabase of the CSNP originator router with all the routers in the 
area, when no topological change takes place. And the LSP is generated 
whenever the topological change takes place?

Thanks for your time and also for clearing my doubts.

Mohit Thakur
R&D Trainee,
6WIND, France

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Abhishek Verma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 12:23:59 +0530

> be a generation of an LSP L1?

Yes.

> field and this new route will be contained in that field, i think its

Yes.

> order of event happening?

Yes.

> whenever the topological change takes place?

Yes.

--
Class of 2004
Institute of Technology, BHU
Varanasi, India