Subject: [Isis-wg] Last Call: 'Routing IPv6 with IS-IS' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:02:53 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG to consider
the following document:

- 'Routing IPv6 with IS-IS '
   <draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The implementation report for this specification is available at
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/isis-ipv6-imp.txt

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-02-15.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-06.txt

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:51:24 +0200 (EET)

> http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/isis-ipv6-imp.txt
...
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-06.txt

There is a procedural problem here: a normative reference to 
[[RFC3784]] (references list not updated), which is informational, 
while this spec is going for Standards Track.  This is a down-ref 
issue.

On our network, we also observed a Cisco bug where the router 
redistributed FE80::/10 an FF00::/8 into IS-IS, which caused a bit of 
mess.  Maybe the document should say something about this.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings