Subject: RE: [Isms] What happened during the ISMS WG meeting

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:01:25 -0800

ISMS WG chairs,

Is there a note from the IESG that could be copied to this list
that allows this extension of the charter by three or more months?

Right now, this working group ceases to exist in two weeks.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Juergen Quittek
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:33 PM
To: Fleischman, Eric; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Isms] What happened during the ISMS WG meeting

Eric,

--On 17.03.2005 16:12 -0800 Fleischman, Eric wrote:

>
> A few of us were not able to attend the last IETF and are curious what
progress was made in the ISMS WG during that meeting. Could somebody please
give us a report so that we could know the current status of the WG? Thanks!
Here is a brief summary:

IETF #61 ISMS WG Session Summary, Monday, March 7, 2004, Minneapolis

The ISMS evaluation team had produced an I-D comparing the proposed
solutions TLSM, EUSM, and SBSM.  The team gave the recommendation
to choose EUSM as starting point for standardization work in ISMS.
However, EUSM uses EAP and few days before the meeting, the ADs
discovered that this conflicts with the EAP applicability statement
in RFC 3748.

The WG discussed this constraint extensively without reaching
consensus on how to react.  In order to still progress further,
the WG decided to make a decision on the target ISMS architecture
first, before closing the protocol issue.  The chairs and the
evaluation team will post a description of the alternative
architectures that have been discussed and will try to achieve
consensus on a single ISMS architecture until end of April.
Then discussion on a new ISMS charter will start, that must
be completed at IETF63.  Otherwise the WG will be closed.

Elaborated minutes will be written soon.

You can find an audio recording of the session at
<http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/pub/videolab/video/ietf62/>

Can somebody please provide a pointer to the Jabber log?

Thanks,

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]       Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.netlab.nec.de

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:06:21 -0500

>Right now, this working group ceases to exist in two weeks.

Juergen sent in a request to the IESG to change the Milestones and it
was approved by our AD.  So I guess the only thing to say is ... "check
the ISMS web page", it should appear there soon.

--Ken