Subject: [Isms] ISMS IETF67 session summary

From: "Juergen Quittek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:05:10 +0100

ISMS IETF67 session summary

ISMS met on Thursday after the SAAG meeting.

As agreed at the last meeting, one of the two existing WG documents
was split into two.  The resulting three documents describe a transport
subsystem for SNMP, a transport security model for SNMP, and a SSH
security model for SNMP.  The new document structure is more modular
and simplifies the potential future specification of other security 
models, for example, a TLS security model in addition to the SSH
model that the ISMS WG develops.  The new document structure was 
approved by the WG and by the responsible AD Sam Hartman.

For the transport subsystem for SNMP and the transport security model
for SNMP all open issues have been resolved and the next versions of
these documents will enter WGLC.  The SSH security model for SNMP
will probably need two more revisions to be ready for WGLC.  The 
biggest open issue is the authentication for notifications.

The charter contains two more documents that do not yet exist.
One describes the usage of RADIUS for the SSH security model.
We have an individual draft, but kept it on hold until the SSH
security model had become sufficiently stable.  This has been
achieved with the current version of the SSH security model.
Now, work on the RADIUS document can go on and the initial WG
draft is planned for December.

The last document on the charter is an applicability statement 
for ISMS.  With the new modular structure, the WG considers it
preferable to have rather applicability statements per module
instead of a generic one for ISMS.  It was agreed to drop this
document and instead add a specific applicability statement to
the SSH security module.  This change was approved by the 
responsible AD.

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms