Subject: Re: [Isms] ISMS WG Last Call on RADIUS mapping for SNMP

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:29:50 +0100

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:04:42AM +0100, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> Dear all,
> 
> this is the start of the  working group last call on the ISMS
> RADIUS integration document:
> 
>   Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Usage for
>   Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Transport Models
>   <draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-02.txt>
> 
> The authors and the chairs think that this document is mature
> enough for WGLC. Please do review these document and post your
> comments on this list until Friday, March 28, 2008.

I like to remind everybody here about this last call. We need some
more people to read the document and to post their comments to this
list.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms

---

From: "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:54:02 -0400

> more people to read the document and to post their comments to this

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-02.txt

It would be good if people could also comment upon a related document, in
simultaneous WGLC in the RADEXT WG:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-management-authorizati
on-02.txt

The latter document defines the RADIUS Attributes called out in the former
document.

Thanks!

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:33:46 -0400

Hi,

I thought I still had plenty of time left, and have procrastinated.
Am I correct that WGLC for these two documents ends TODAY?

dbh 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of David B. Nelson
> Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 10:54 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Isms] ISMS WG Last Call on RADIUS mapping for SNMP
>

---

From: "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:37:29 -0400

David Harrington wrote:

> I thought I still had plenty of time left...

Don't we all?  :-)

> Am I correct that WGLC for these two documents ends TODAY?

Technically, yes.  However, the practice in RADEXT is to allow a few days
grace period.  That is to say, the draft is not sent off to the IESG the day
after the WGLC "closes" (assuming issues are resolved).  Maybe Juergen will
allow the same here.

I would certainly appreciate your review comments on both drafts.  But the
time allowed for procrastination has expired!  :-)

Thanks!

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:12:39 +0100

> after the WGLC "closes" (assuming issues are resolved).  Maybe Juergen will

We urgently need more reviews. I am of course flexible with the
deadline if that brings us additional reviews. But it will help me if
people can send me an email indicating how much additional time they
need to provide a review.

Without sufficient reviews, the documents will not move forward.  So
please, whoever has some cycles left, help us by reading the documents
and indicating your feedback. If you need more time, please let us
know.

/js