Subject: [Isms] New DTLS draft posted as well

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 06:55:10 -0800

FYI, this is not a working group document at the moment, but I did post
an updated version of the DTLS draft.  The SSH and DTLS drafts are
fairly closely aligned in structure and many of the changes that went
into the SSH draft ended up affecting the DTLS draft too.

A new version of I-D, draft-hardaker-isms-dtls-tm-01.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Wesley Hardaker and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-hardaker-isms-dtls-tm
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Datagram Transport Layer Security Transport Model for SNMP
Creation_date:	 2008-11-03
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 56

Abstract:
This document describes a Transport Model for the Simple Network
Management Protocol (SNMP), that uses the Datagram Transport Layer
Security (DTLS) protocol.  The DTLS protocol provides authentication
and privacy services for SNMP applications.  This document describes
how the DTLS Transport Model (DTLSTM) implements the needed features
of a SNMP Transport Subsystem to make this protection possible in an
interoperable way.

This transport model is designed to meet the security and operational
needs of network administrators, operate in environments where a
connectionless (UDP) transport is preferred, and integrates well into
existing public keying infrastructures.
This document also defines a portion of the Management Information
Base (MIB) for monitoring and managing the DTLS Transport Model for
SNMP.

-- 
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms