Subject: [Isms] sshtm 4.3 1 nit - partt 2

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:55:35 -0500

s/The identity SHOULD be the value of the user name field of the/
The tmSecurityName SHOULD be the value of the user name field of the/

s/mapping algorithm to transform a user name to a SSH identity
      compatible with the parameters required by this transport./
mapping algorithm to transform an SSH identity to a tmSecurityName,
and to transform a tmSecurityName to an SSH identity./

s/How a
      compatible SSH identity is determined should be administratively
      configurable if such a mapping is needed.//
(I don't know how an administrator can configure this. It seems to be
implementation-dependent. If we do not specify a standard for
translating from GSSAPI identity to tmSecurityName and back, then the
transforms will be implementation-specific (probably vendor-specific).
The most important thing is that it is predictable and documented, so
an operator will know how a GSSAPI identity will be mapped to a
tmSecurityName.)

  The securityName derived from the tmSecurityName by a security model
   is used to configure notifications and access controls.
Non-default
   transport model transforms SHOULD generate a predictable identity
   representing the principal.

The securityName is not necessarily derived from tmSecurityName; it
could just as easily be derived from community or from
msgSecurityName.  The securityName MAY be used to configure MIB
modules, such as for notifications and access control. 

also:
s/Non-default transport model transforms/transport models/
s/identity representing the principal/tmSecurityName/

David Harrington
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms