Subject: [Isms] VACM/RADIUS issue: on/off switch

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:19:32 -0800

Hi -

Should the RADIUS/VACM integration have an off switch?

Randy

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:29:25 +0100

> Should the RADIUS/VACM integration have an off switch?

Is a global on/off switch not the same as a switch to enable/disable
the NAS? Can we expect some RADIUS configuration interface to provide
such a switch? My understanding is that once the NAS has received the
RADIUS decision, it has to do what the RADIUS server told the NAS. If
we can switch off the VACM part, what does the NAS do? It likely then
has to reject the whole session since it can't do what the RADIUS
server told it to do. So would the switch not better be placed in the
NAS itself?

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 00:01:25 -0800

Hi -

> From: "Juergen Schoenwaelder" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:29 PM
> Subject: Re: [Isms] VACM/RADIUS issue: on/off switch
>

Ok, so I guess we can just close this one as "not our problem"
and no action needed.  :-)

Randy