Subject: [Isms] Protocol Action: 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:35:05 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network 
   Management Protocol (SNMP) '
   <draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm-14.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes a Transport Model for the Simple
   Network Management Protocol (SNMP), that uses either the
   Transport Layer Security protocol or the Datagram Transport
   Layer Security (DTLS) protocol. The TLS and DTLS protocols
   provide authentication and privacy services for SNMP
   applications. This document describes how the TLS Transport
   Model (TLSTM) implements the needed features of a SNMP
   Transport Subsystem to make this protection possible in an
   interoperable way.

Working Group Summary

   This ID is the product of the ISMS WG.  The WG went over
   several revisions of this document and the document and
   all WG last call comments have been resolved. There has
   been strong WG consensus to publish this document as
   Proposed Standard. 

Document Quality

   There are two known implementations in progress of the
   (D)TLS Transport Model.

Personnel

   Juergen Schoenwaelder ([email-masked]) is
   the document shepherd.
   Sean Turner is the Responsible Area Director.

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 23:55:58 +0200

> This document is the product of the Integrated Security Model for

This is very good news - we have completed another work item. I like
to thank everybody who contributed to this document and in particular
Wes for all his editing work and the fast response times during the
IESG review (there were quite some comments and discusses to
resolve).

Lets make an effort to move the RADIUS VACM document out of the WG to
the IESG now in order to complete our charter.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>