Subject: [Isms] RFC5590, 5591 (TSM) and 5953 (TLSTM) interoperability testing

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:26:55 -0700

We are looking for people interested in doing interoperability testing
for the specifications that make up the set required to implement TLSTM.
Specifically, we're looking for people, companies or organizations that
have implemented:

  5590 Transport Subsystem for the Simple Network Management Protocol
       (SNMP). D. Harrington, J. Schoenwaelder. June 2009. (Format:
       TXT=84513 bytes) (Updates RFC3411, RFC3412, RFC3414, RFC3417)
       (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

  5591 Transport Security Model for the Simple Network Management
       Protocol (SNMP). D. Harrington, W. Hardaker. June 2009. (Format:
       TXT=61747 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

  5953 Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple
       Network Management Protocol (SNMP). W. Hardaker. August 2010.
       (Format: TXT=147393 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

And ideally this one as well:

  5343 Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Context EngineID
       Discovery. J. Schoenwaelder. September 2008. (Format: TXT=19938
       bytes) (Updates RFC3411) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

If you have implemented or are currently implementing any of these
specifications, please let me know so we can coordinate interoperability
testing with your software, our software (Net-SNMP) and software from
any other participants that respond to this request.

Thank you!

-- 
Wes Hardaker
Cobham Analytic Solutions

---

From: Alan Luchuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:38:29 -0400

Hello all,

> any other participants that respond to this request.

I've already communicated directly with Wes about interoperability testing, 
but I'd like to let the ISMS WG know that SNMP Research, Incorporated, has
an implementation of these specifications (including RFC 5343).

Regards,
--Alan

---
Alan Luchuk               SNMP Research, Inc            voice: +1 865 573 1434
Senior Software Engineer  3001 Kimberlin Heights Rd.    fax: +1 865 573 9197
luchuk at snmp.com        Knoxville, TN 37920-9716 USA  http://www.snmp.com