From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:15:34 -0500 (CDT)

CALL FOR PAPERS
            Applied Telecommunication Symposium (ATS)

Part of the 2000 Advanced Simulation Technologies Conference (ASTC 2000)
                    April 16 through 20, 2000
                    Wyndham City Center Hotel
                        Washington, D.C.

     "Telecommunication Modeling, Analysis and Simulation --
                      Evolution for Change"

Part of 2000 Advanced Simulation Technologies Conference (ASTC 2000)

                        ATS Organizers:

General Chair  Dr. Bohdan Bodnar, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
               [email-masked]
Co-chair       Dr. Ariel Sharon, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
               [email-masked]
Program Chair  Dr. George Kraft, Illinois Institute of Technology
               [email-masked]

The Applied Telecommunication Symposium (ATS) is an international
forum for the exchange of technical knowledge and presentation of
original papers on  analysis  of  telecommunication  systems  and
technologies.   It  is  intended  for  professionals,  engineers,
software developers, managers, and others interested in  cellular
and packet traffic characteristics, analysis of telecommunication
networks, and practitioners operating telecommunication networks.
We   are  looking  for  innovative  technical  papers  describing
projects,  applications,  and  research  and   development   work
pertinent to telecommunication.  The following tracks (with track
chairs listed) will be held; the topics are representative of the
track, but are not necessarily exclusive to that track:

                            WIRELESS

TRACK CHAIRS:  Dr. Hassan Rajeai,  Perfosim AB
               Dr. Mohsen Guizani, University of Missouri

- CDMA / TDMA
- GSM
- Third Generation Wireless
- Wireless Data
- Cell Traffic
- MSC Engineering

                 NETWORK MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY

TRACK CHAIRS:  Mr. Keith Stanley, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
               Dr. Axel Lehmann, Universitet der Bundeswehr Munchen

- Operations, Administration, Maintenance
- Overload control
- Load balancing
- Influence of security measures on network performance

           TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUSINESS AND REGULATION

TRACK CHAIRS:  Dr. George Kraft, Illinois Institute of Technology
               Mr. Howard, Bernett, Mitretek Corporation

- Cost modeling
- Call center operations
- Billing models
- E-commerce

                     NETWORKS AND MULTIMEDIA

TRACK CHAIRS:   Mr. Howard Bernett, Mitretek Corporation
                Dr. Kevin Ryan, Lucent Technologies, Inc.

- Internet
- Network performance
- Traffic characterization
- Packet switch architecture evaluation

                       MODELING TECHNIQUES

TRACK CHAIRS  Ms. Kamala Murti, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
              Dr. R. Radhakrishna Pillai, Kent Ridge Digital Labs

- Simulation techniques
- Acceleration methods
- Traffic synthesis
- Combined simulation/analytic procedures

PAPER SUBMISSION:

Abstracts  may  be  submitted  either   electronically   or   via
conventional  mail.   E-mail is preferred for abstract submission
(e-mail address: [email-masked]); postscript,  Adobe  Acrobat
(.pdf)  format,  Word, or plaintext are preferred.  If submitting
via conventional mail, send the abstract to:

Dr. Bohdan Bodnar
Lucent Technologies, Inc.
2000 N Naperville Rd. Naperville, IL 60566, USA

The abstract must contain the following information:

- Names of all authors (identify the contact author)
- Affiliation of all authors
- E-mail addresses of all authors
- Conventional mail addresses of all authors
- First and second choice tracks

Reception of the abstract will be acknowledged via e-mail  within
three business days.

                        IMPORTANT DATES:

* Abstract/Draft Paper due                      October 31, 1999
* Notification of Acceptance sent               November 30, 1999
* Camera-ready Paper due                        January 8, 2000

Further information is available at
http://www.scs.org/confernc/astc00/text/ats-cfp.html

Sponsored by The Society for Computer Simulation International
P. O. Box 17900 San Diego, CA 92177-7900, USA
Tel 858-277-3888
Fax 858-277-3930
E-mail [email-masked]
http://www.scs.org