Subject: SBM MIB open issues - update

From: Andrew Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:38:28 -0700

Going in to Oslo IETF we had the following open issues for the SBM MIB.
Based on my perception of the humming in the meeting (was it just that
everyone was happy to be there or were they humming in anticipation of the
more interesting presentations that followed mine?) I'd propose the
following resolutions to the issues, as described in
draft-ietf-issll-is802-sbm-mib-00.txt:

(1) Should we include DCLASS as well as TCLASS config info here?

NO.

(2) How to represent more detailed e.g. per-queue/per-class information. We
could use the per-interface tables from RFC2213/RFC2214 int-serv MIBs but we
would then need one instance of these per-queue per-interface. This might
want to use ifStackTable to group them together. Could also try to use the
intSrvflowQueue object for this.

Cannot use intSrvflowQueue since this is not an index into the relevant
tables. Awaiting resolution of similar issues in describing queues for
diff-serv model/MIB/PIB.

(3) Should we allow creation of new SBM instances? MIB currently only allows
configuration of existing SBMs and assumes that the agent will create SBM
instances appropriately.

NO.

We'll produce another MIB draft when we've discussed (2) some more in
diff-serv WG.

Andrew

****************************************************************
Andrew Smith                              tel: +1 (408) 579-2821
Extreme Networks                          fax: +1 (408) 579-3000
3585 Monroe St.                   http://www.extremenetworks.com
Santa Clara CA 95051-1450        em:  [email-masked]
****************************************************************