Subject: GS with CBQ...

From: "Navin kumar Agrawal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:25:18 +0530

Hi,

Is it possible to provide Guranteed Load Services (GS)
with CBQ without implementing SBM (Subnet Bandwidth Manager)
for Ethernet link layer media?

Regards,
Navin

---

From: "Eric Horlait" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:29:01 +0200

We did something about that.
See for example our draft:

"CLEP (Controlled Load Ethernet Protocol): Bandwidth Management and
Reservation Protocol for Shared Media", Eric Horlait, Manual Bouyer,
07/23/1999. (25445 bytes)
There are various aspects in Quality of Service management. In this draft,
we address the problem of bandwidth allocation and reservation over shared
media (e.g. an Ethernet network). In order to do so, we define a protocol
(CLEP: Controlled Load Ethernet Protocol) in charge of the management,
allocation and fair sharing of the available bandwidth among users of the
network.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-horlait-clep-00.txt

Eric
---------------------- Professeur Eric HORLAIT ------------------------
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie          Tel:         33-1-44-27-73-83
Labo CNRS - LIP6                          Fax:         33-1-44-27-53-53
http://www.lip6.fr/rp/~eh              e-mail:     [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Navin kumar Agrawal
Sent: mardi 21 septembre 1999 16:55
Subject: GS with CBQ...

Hi,

Regards,
Navin