Subject: 2nd Workshop on Quality of Service in Distributed Object Systems

From: "John A. Zinky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:15:23 -0400

Final Call for Papers

2nd Workshop on Quality of Service in Distributed Object Systems

                   Workshop #2 at ECOOP 2001
        http://www.dist-systems.bbn.com/confs/2001/QoSDOS/

            Budapest Hungary: June 19, 2001 (Tuesday) 

The workshop addresses the state of the art and the future of 
Quality of Service management in distributed object systems. 
The objective is to provide presentations and discussions
about the influence of QoS provision on the object model. 
An additional focus is put on component-based systems and 
the influence of QoS provision on the component specification and
proper mapping to the underlying distribution infrastructure. 

Topics include, but are not restricted to 

    - Modeling QoS: suitability of object oriented modeling 
      techniques, influences of QoS provision on the object 
      model, e.g. type systems 
    - Specification: Use of containers to specify and enforce QoS
      properties for a component.
    - Structure: AOP, open implementations 
      design patterns, or contract aware components 
    - Implementation: Use of components for implementing ORBs
    - Scope of QoS-integration: generic integration, multi-category 
      support, impact on architecture and underlying object-model 
    - Management: integration of QoS management and network and 
      application management 
    - Experiences: of QoS integration in OO-Middleware platforms 
    - Specialized QoS platforms vs. extending existing platforms 
    - Bind-time QoS integration: Naming, Trading, and Negotiation 
      of QoS in open distributed systems 
    - Accounting and Pricing of QoS 

Submission Process:

A one to two page extended abstract describing your research is 
required. The paper will be distributed to the other participants 
and published on this website. The preferred format is
pdf or html. Participants should also be prepared to give a 15 minute 
presentation on their research. To facilitate discussion, workshop 
is limited to 15-20 people. 

Send the paper to [email-masked] by April 17, 

A workshop summary will be published as part of ECOOP 2001 Workshop Reader. 

Important Deadlines:

     April 17, 2001 Submission Deadline 
     May 8, 2001 Invitation for Participation 
     May 15, 2001 Early Registration Deadline for ECOOP 2001 
     June 19, 2001 Workshop Date 

Organizers:

Name: 
     Christian Becker 
Email: 
     [email-masked] 
Company: 
     FB Biologie und Informatik, Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme 
     University of Frankfurt/Main, Germany
      
Name: 
     John Zinky 
Email: 
     [email-masked] 
Company: 
     BBN Technologies, Part of Verizon 

Workshop Homepage:

http://www.dist-systems.bbn.com/confs/2001/QoSDOS/