Subject: [ipwave] WGLC for draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-21

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 22:02:30 +0100

Hi,

Since the document has changed quite a bit since the first WGLC (done
over version -08), we are are issuing a short WGLC for draft-ietf-
ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-21. 

The WGLC will be open till the 15th of March. Please comment on the
latest version. There is still one open issue about the use of the
802.11 headers. We plan to close this by the London meeting, so if yiu
have specific comments on this, please do state them.

If you have no comments and think the document is ready, please do send
a note stating that to the WG ML.

Additional information about the document is below:

Name:           draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb
Revision:       21
Title:          Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks
operating in mode Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-
over-80211-OCB)
Document date:  2018-03-03
Group:          ipwave
Pages:          39

Abstract:
   In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks running
   outside the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p")
   there is a need to define a few parameters such as the supported
   Maximum Transmission Unit size on the 802.11-OCB link, the header
   format preceding the IPv6 header, the Type value within it, and
   others.  This document describes these parameters for IPv6 and IEEE
   802.11-OCB networks; it portrays the layering of IPv6 on 802.11-OCB
   similarly to other known 802.11 and Ethernet layers - by using an
   Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-21

Thank you for your support.

-- Russ and Carlos

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 14:33:15 -0800

Hi Carlos,

I feel that the document is NOT ready for publication in its current form.

I have no issues that haven’t been discussed, but until we close on the QoSData wording, we should not proceed.
I’m hopeful that we can close things by London, if not sooner.

Tony

> On Mar 8, 2018, at 1:02 PM, Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 15:42:15 +0100

Hi Tony,

Understood. Our intention is to understand if the WG is happy with the
rest of the document. We are fully aware we have to close the qosdata
wording and will be done by London.

Thanks,

Carlos

On Thu, 2018-03-08 at 14:33 -0800, Tony Li wrote:
> I have no issues that haven’t been discussed, but until we close on
> the QoSData wording, we should not proceed.

---

From: "Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 15:31:15 +0000

I have not followed all the discussions on the below thread, but I have
reviewed the document and its is in good shape.

I do suspect the below concern might be a valid issue and we need to
resolve it and move the document forward.

The rest of the document is in great shape.

Sri

On 3/9/18, 6:42 AM, "its on behalf of Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>> I have no issues that haven¹t been discussed, but until we close on
>> I¹m hopeful that we can close things by London, if not sooner.
>> 
>> Tony
>> 
>>

---

From: Sara el hamdani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 19:59:46 +0000

Dear Carlos, ALL

I support this draft in its current form.

-- 
*Best regards*

*Sara EL HAMDANI*
*Phd student -Umi University.*

---

From: John Kenney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 16:51:17 +0900

Hi All:

There has been some question in this thread about whether IPv6 over OCB has
been implemented with QoS data frames.  I reached out to colleagues working
on the NY Pilot Deployment.  I was able to confirm that their devices will
use QoS data frames to carry IPv6 packets (e.g. to connect to the security
credential management system - SCMS).

I hope that is helpful,
John

-- 
John Kenney
Director and Principal Researcher
Toyota InfoTechnology Center, USA
465 Bernardo Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94043
Tel: 650-694-4160. Mobile: 650-224-6644