Subject: [iucg] experts

From: jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:57:24 +0200

Dear all,

In order to better understand the positions of the VIP Latin document 
to the ICANN/BoD (where there are excellent French speakers who may 
disagree with the conclusions) regarding the "variants" in IDNs, I 
tried to have look at the mailing list archives and therefore to 
register in the list. This seems to be reserved to the Member of the 
Latin VIP team. So, I google them and found the list of 11 expert 
members. However I am at loss to know who is a linguist and who is 
speaking/teaching French?

Can someone help? This is important since the IETF/WG/IDNAbis shown 
that the French language orthotypographic support was the most 
complex issue for IDNs and has to be addressed on the user side (like 
other orthotypographic issues in other languages) making French 
support the best testing prototype, as representing the variant top 
difficulty (majuscules) while being within the ASCII range.

Thank you.
jfc

PS. the list I got includes: Jothan Frakes, Harald Alvestrand, 
Andrzej Bartosiewicz, Eric Brown, Cary Karp, Nadya Morozova, 
Francisco Obispo, Giovanni Seppia, Will Shorter, Wil Tan, and Avri 
Doria. Is there anybody else I missed?

======

Cher tous,

Afin de mieux comprendre les positions prises par le document du 
groupe Latin sur les Variantes dans les IDN devant être remis au CA 
de l'ICANN (où il y a d'excellents francophones qui peuvent être en 
désaccord avec ses conclusions) j'ai tenté de jeter un coup d'oeil 
sur les archives de la liste de diffusion et donc de m'y inscrire. 
Ceci semble réservé aux membres du "Latin VIP team". Je les ai donc 
googlé et j'ai trouvé une liste de 11 experts. Je suis toutefois 
incapable de dire qui y est un linguiste et qui y est un 
locuteur/professeur de français ?

Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider ? Ceci est important puisque le Groupe de 
Travail IDNA2008 a montré que la prise en compte de 
l'orthotypographie française était le sujet le plus complexe à 
résoudre pour les "IDN" et doit être résolu du côté utilisateur 
(comme les autres problèmes orthotypographiques des autres langues) 
rendant l'abord du français le meilleur test prototype, car soulevant 
la pire difficulté (les majuscules) tout en étant dans la zone ASCII.

Merci !
jfc

PS. La liste que j'ai trouvée comprend : Jothan Frakes, Harald 
Alvestrand, Andrzej Bartosiewicz, Eric Brown, Cary Karp, Nadya 
Morozova, Francisco Obispo, Giovanni Seppia, Will Shorter, Wil Tan, 
and  Avri Doria. Ai-je manqué quelqu'un ?