Subject: Re: [iucg] [vip] WHITE PAPER ON "DEFINITIONS" : YOUR COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK REQUESTED

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:15:09 +0200

At 23:12 11/09/2011, Daniel Kalchev wrote:

>On Sep 10, 2011, at 20:54 , JFC Morfin wrote:
>
> > […]
> > However, I wish we would first clearly and commonly understand 
> where we are and what we are currently doing before we try doing 
> anything else. The Internet is a communication process that aims at 
> permitting every human and machine to digitally relate together. As 
> such, it is the most complex system ever built by humans, and the 
> first one that has attained a universal nature.
> >
> >
>
>[good presentation of current state]

Thx.

>Trouble is, we have approaching deadline for this work. That means, 
>in my opinion that our work will be grossly incomplete.

I try to update the http://iucg.org/wiki/IDNA2010_Common_Objectives 
(former "IDNS common targets") with the Variant Issue: I have 
difficulties in finding the equivalent of an IETF charter for the 
ICANN/VIP work. Can someone help finding it or an equivalent?

>While we might restrict ourselves to root-only study on variants, we 
>usefulness of this work is greater in a more general context, 
>especially given the IDNA limitations.

I do not think this work can stop. We (as humans confronted to 
digital systems) need to define, document and standardize our command 
protocols with our machines.
Best
jfc