Subject: Re: [iucg] [art] re escrow extension

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:03:53 +0100

At 09:52 19/02/2019, Suresh S. wrote:
>Mr. Pradeep,
>By the volume of bits you download that is spam, we all understand 
>it is impairing your cost-effective functioning and hence my 
>suggestion to change your email address.

Dear Implicated Users (IUsers),

there is a common misunderstanding among IETF users about the purpose 
of the IETF. The role of the IETF (RFC 3935) is to make the internet 
work better. And the job of the internet is to carry datagrams end to end.

Then RFC 1958 adds that "everything else" should be addressed at the 
frange, i.e. outside of the IETF responsibility, yet RFC 6852 states: 
"We embrace a modern paradigm for standards where the economics of 
global markets, fueled by technological advancements, drive global 
deployment of standards regardless of their formal status."

I red this as "engineers talk among engineers and users talk with 
engineers in a way engineers understand and can do something about 
what users need". So, I asked for a special place to be created to 
that end: this is the non-WG [email-masked] mailing list. Its purpose 
is to permit users to discuss their users' needs and to express them 
in a generic way that engineers can technically/architecturally 
address. It was not being much used lately as users do not seem to believe:
(1) in the architectural capacity of the IETF to do more for us 
within the limits of their the four catenet layers,
(2) in their own capacity to deploy any standard not endorsed by the 
leading edge providers. What I personnally feel possible on a case 
per case basis.

What I understand is that you want is to be able to act as a "fringe 
master", i.e. to run secure virtual stand alone "network engine" you 
control, able to host autonomous services and application functions, 
generating, receiving and managing its own TCP/IP master-to-master 
(M2M) relations and acting as a server for client's and SMTP 
connexions to you?

I suggest you and those interested:
* first to switch to [email-masked], and there to try to review the 
existing projects round the open sphere, that could support this 
requirement, test some running codes, discuss a possible best 
practice RFC, and
* then to submit back the whole of it to this list for technical 
comments and reviews.

Best,
jfc morfin