Subject: [Jcardcal] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 01:28:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the JSON data formats for vCard and iCalendar Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : jCard: The JSON format for vCard
	Author(s)       : Philipp Kewisch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-06.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2013-09-26

Abstract:
   This specification defines "jCard", a JSON format for vCard data.
   The vCard data format is a text format for representing and
   exchanging information about individuals and other entities, for
   example telephone numbers, email addresses, structured names and
   delivery addresses.  JSON is a lightweight, text-based, language-
   independent data interchange format commonly used in internet
   applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Philipp Kewisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:34:19 +0200

Hey Folks,

I've finally found time to upload the document. There might still be the 
one or other issue open, but of course its important to give you an 
intermediate version to look at.

I hope I didn't miss any important issues. Let me know what you think

Philipp

---

From: Bert Greevenbosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:28:43 +0000

Great Philipp, thanks for creating this new version of the draft!

I would indeed recommend folks to have a look on this new version.

Thanks again for all the work, I think we are getting quite close. :-)

Best regards,
Bert

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Philipp Kewisch
Sent: 26 September 2013 16:34
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Jcardcal] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-06.txt

Hey Folks,

I've finally found time to upload the document. There might still be the one or other issue open, but of course its important to give you an intermediate version to look at.

Philipp

On 9/26/13 10:28 AM, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> wrote:

 Pages           : 33

 Date            : 2013-09-26

Abstract:

   applications.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:25:51 -0400

> I've finally found time to upload the document. There might still be the one
> or other issue open, but of course its important to give you an intermediate
> version to look at.
>

Thanks, Philipp.  I'll have a look at it as soon as I can, and will post back.

Barry

---

From: Michael Angstadt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 06:58:43 -0400

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I think the notes about decimals and
exponents in the "integer" and "float" sections could use a little more
explanation.  Users might not be aware of the fact that JSON allows
exponents to be used, since it's kind of an obscure feature.  I think the
text would benefit we reminded the user of this.

Suggested changes:

Section 3.5.9 Integer

BEFORE:

Neither JSON nor jCard prohibits using a combination of decimals and
   exponents to form an integer number.  However, since vCard does not
   support decimals or exponents in integers, any decimals and exponents
   MUST be eliminated when converting an "integer" value type property
   from jCard to vCard.

AFTER:

JSON allows  decimals (e.g. "3.14") and exponents (e.g. "2e10") to be used
in numeric values. jCard does not prohibit this for "integer" property
values.  However, since vCard does not support decimals or exponents in
integers, any decimals and exponents
   MUST be eliminated when converting an "integer" value type property
   from jCard to vCard.

Section 3.5.10 Float

BEFORE:

Neither JSON nor jCard prohibits using exponents to form a float
   number.  However, since vCard does not support exponents in floats,
   any exponents MUST be eliminated when converting a "float" value type
   property from jCard to vCard.

AFTER:

JSON allows exponents (e.g. "2e10") to be used in numeric values.  jCard
does not prohibit this for "float" property values.  However, since vCard
does not support exponents in floats, any exponents MUST be eliminated when
converting a "float" value type
   property from jCard to vCard.

Thanks,
Mike

On Thursday, September 26, 2013, Barry Leiba wrote:

> one
> _______________________________________________
> jcardcal mailing list
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jcardcal
>