Subject: [Jcardcal] jCard minor issues

From: Philipp Kewisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 22:49:30 +0100

Hey Folks,

during comparison with jCal, I've noticed some minor issues in the jCard 
spec. IIUC then all I need to do is wait until AUTH48 and make note of 
them. I thought I'd let you guys know beforehand though. Please check 
the 3rd issue, I am not 100% sure here.

Also, there are still some informative references towards jCal, of 
course it would be nice to use the rfc number in both cases.

1st Issue: probably due to s///g, "date-and-or-time" and "text" is 
lowercase although it should be uppercase:

OLD:
         property parameter does not need to be specified on the 
property. For
         example, "BDAY"'s default value type is "date-and-or-time", so
         "VALUE=date-and-or-time" need not be set as a property parameter.
         However, "BDAY" also allows a "text" value to be specified, and 
if that
         is used, "VALUE=text" has to be set as a property parameter.

NEW:
         property parameter does not need to be specified on the 
property. For
         example, "BDAY"'s default value type is "DATE-AND-OR-TIME", so
         "VALUE=DATE-AND-OR-TIME" need not be set as a property parameter.
         However, "BDAY" also allows a "TEXT" value to be specified, and 
if that
         is used, "VALUE=TEXT" has to be set as a property parameter.

2nd Issue: Typo "registroy":

OLD:
         nor any extensions to it. The type is hence registered to the vCard
         Value Data Types registroy in <xref 
target="unknown-registration"/>.
NEW:
         nor any extensions to it. The type is hence registered to the vCard
         Value Data Types registry in <xref target="unknown-registration"/>.

3rd Issue: use of "jCard component", which I believe we switched to 
"jCard object"

OLD:
    The vCard format specification [RFC6350] defines the VERSION property
    to be mandatory.  The "version" property MUST be represented in the
    corresponding jCard component, with the same value as in the vCard.
    vCards that conform to RFC 6350 will contain the value "4.0".

NEW??
    The vCard format specification [RFC6350] defines the VERSION property
    to be mandatory.  The "version" property MUST be represented in the
    corresponding jCard object, with the same value as in the vCard.
    vCards that conform to RFC 6350 will contain the value "4.0".

---

From: Bert Greevenbosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 03:14:19 +0000

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for observing these editorials.

I agree with all three. The resolution to ticket 60 indeed states the change "jCard component" -> "jCard object" (http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jcardcal/trac/ticket/60).

Best regards,
Bert

> -----Original Message-----
> From: jcardcal [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Philipp
> Kewisch
> Sent: 10 December 2013 05:50
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Jcardcal] jCard minor issues
> 
> Hey Folks,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> jcardcal mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jcardcal