Subject: [Jmap] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC8620 (6607)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:59:54 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8620,
"The JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6607

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Neil Jenkins <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.3

Original Text
-------------
   [...]                             In the case of records with
   references to the same type, the server MUST order the creates and
   updates within a single method call so that creates happen before
   their creation ids are referenced by another create/update/destroy in
   the same call.

Corrected Text
--------------
   [...]                             In the case of records with
   references to the same type, the server MUST order the creates and
   updates within a single method call so that creates happen before
   their creation ids are referenced by another create/update/destroy in
   the same call.

   A record may be updated/destroyed in the same request as it is
   created.  The update/destroy arguments may use creation ids as keys
   by prefixing the creation id with a "#".

Notes
-----
Clarify that it's explicitly permitted to update/destroy records created in the same request using the same mechanism as setting foreign keys in records.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8620 (draft-ietf-jmap-core-17)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP)
Publication Date    : July 2019
Author(s)           : N. Jenkins, C. Newman
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : JSON Mail Access Protocol
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG