Subject: [Jmap] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC8620 (6606)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:54:55 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8620,
"The JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6606

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Neil Jenkins <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.3

Original Text
-------------
o  using: "String[]"

      The set of capabilities the client wishes to use.  The client MAY
      include capability identifiers even if the method calls it makes
      do not utilise those capabilities.  The server advertises the set
      of specifications it supports in the Session object (see
      Section 2), as keys on the "capabilities" property.

Corrected Text
--------------
o  using: "String[]"

      The set of capabilities the client wishes to use.  The client MAY
      include capability identifiers even if the method calls it makes
      do not utilise those capabilities.  The server advertises the set
      of specifications it supports in the Session object (see
      Section 2), as keys on the "capabilities" property.  The
      "urn:ietf:params:jmap:core" capability represents this document
      and MUST be included in the "using" list.  This is to allow a
      smooth upgrade path for future revisions to the core JMAP
      specification with different capability identifiers.

Notes
-----
The original text was unclear on whether the capability for this document (JMAP core) had to be included in the "using" list, or just those of extensions to JMAP core. Clarify that the "core" capability must also be included, and give the rationale.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8620 (draft-ietf-jmap-core-17)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP)
Publication Date    : July 2019
Author(s)           : N. Jenkins, C. Newman
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : JSON Mail Access Protocol
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG