Subject: [Jmap] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-jmap-smime-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 16:10:29 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-jmap-smime-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-smime/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Menachem Dodge for the OpsDir review; I see that the author has
incorporated / addressed many of the comments/nits, but I don't think I saw any
sort of discussion around the "Please consider whether the document header
should indicate "Updates: 8621"." (which Benjamin also referenced).

It is entirely possible that I completely missed any discussions, but I'd be
interested in an answer if possible.

---

From: מנחם דודג' <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 08:02:03 +0300

Hello,

I was not involved in any email discussions regarding my review.

Thank you kindly.

Best Regards,
Menachem

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 20 באוק׳ 2021 ב-2:10 מאת ‪Warren Kumari via Datatracker‬‏ <‪
[email-masked]‬‏>:‬

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 14:59:24 +0100

Hi Menachem/Warren,

My apologies, I don't think I've seen the OpsDir review, so I will reply 
to it separately.

In regards to lack of "Updates: 8621": as this defines a JMAP extension 
that doesn't modify the base JMAP protocol (other than extending it), it 
is not customary to include "Updates: 8621". Or to rephrase: a reader of 
RFC 8621 doesn't need to know about existence of this document unless 
there is desire to implement it.

Best Regards,

Alexey

On 20/10/2021 06:02, מנחם דודג' wrote:
> ‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 20 באוק׳ 2021 ב-2:10 מאת ‪Warren Kumari via 
> Datatracker‬‏ <‪[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>‬‏>:‬
>
>     Please refer to
>     https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
>     <https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/>
>     <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-smime/>
>
>
>