Subject: [Jmap] draft-ietf-calext-ical-tasks-03 Review

From: Joris Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 14:08:37 +0200

Hi,

I just had a look at the draft-ietf-calext-ical-tasks-03 spec. In 
general, it looks good to me. Most of my comments are small things which 
might or might not require some more clarification.

General note: Typically, collaborative software development tools allow 
tracking the changes to any task property. Such a "history"-feature is 
most likely out of scope for that draft, but it looks like `VSTATUS` 
could be used (to some extent) for that feature. Maybe it would make 
sense to state in the draft that tracking history of all properties is 
not covered by the spec?

Section 4:

  * Task Actors mentions "Organizer" as an actor. In the picture, it is
    not part of that group. I suggest to either leave it out in the text
    or change the group name in the picture (probably the latter).
  * The Task Actors roles seem to be purely informational. Maybe it
    would make sense to specify how they are supposed to be mapped to an
    iCalendar equivalent, like `ORGANIZER`?

Section 12.2:

  * A "name-space" is mentioned, but it seems to be not defined what a
    "name-space" should look like.
  * When using IANA registered values for `REASON` as done in one of the
    examples (`REASON:out-of-office`) do not seem to be of `URI` type. I
    guess that is not in line with its definition?

The following are probably merely minor notes (about spelling, style and 
copy+paste errors). You would probably have found them yourself before a 
WGLC, but I think it does not hurt to include them:

Section 7.2:

  * "See section 3.1.3 Task Domain Data Handling." You probably meant
    section 7.3 ?
  * "Extensions [Doug114] to the RELATED-TO" Reference not included. You
    probably meant draft-ietf-calext-ical-relations ?
  * REL is used as a param in the examples, e.g.
    `LINK;REL="vacation-system";VALUE=URI:http://example.com/vacation-approval?id=1234`.
    But it is not part of draft-ietf-calext-ical-relations. I guess it
    comes from an earlier version of the spec?

Section 9: "In addition a number of different patterns of resource or 
assignee identification are anticipated." - "In addition, a number of 
different patterns of resource or assignee identification are 
anticipated." (very minor, but it confused me for a short while)

Section 10.3: "As situations chnage further VSTATUS components" → "As 
situations change further VSTATUS components"

Section 10.4:

  * "Alarms (VLARM components)" → "Alarms (VALARM components)"
  * "Task Generating System, e.g., a BPMS" → Maybe specify what a BPMS
    is. However, Wikipedia seems to understand it.

Section 19: I am unable to open or find the [TARCH] reference?

Regards,

Joris

-- 
Joris Baum
Tel: +49 721 170293 16
Fax: +49 721 170293 179

http://www.audriga.com  |http://www.twitter.com/audriga

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
audriga GmbH | Alter Schlachthof 57 | 76137 Karlsruhe
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe - Amtsgericht Mannheim - HRB 713034
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Frank Dengler, Dr.-Ing. Hans-Jörg Happel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------