Subject: Re: [jose] #11: Use RFC 5116 and remove MAC field

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:01:04 -0000

#11: Use RFC 5116 and remove MAC field

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 We have been using the McGrew algorithm since draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
 encryption-09.  Therefore, I believe that this issue should be closed.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/11#comment:2>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 02:50:18 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 The WG as a whole has determined that it wants to stay with the current
 separate fields for the use of AEAD algorithms for doing content
 encryption.  This means that there is no desire to adopt this as the
 future path.

 The issue may be raised in respect to using AEAD algorithms for key
 wrapping.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/11#comment:3>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>