Subject: Re: [jose] #20: Shorter names for JSON serialization

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:42:41 -0000

#20: Shorter names for JSON serialization

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Following discussion and apparent agreement by the working group on the
 mailing list, the following shorter names are now used:

     initialization_vector was changed to "iv"
     authentication_tag was changed to "tag"

 Given that "payload" and "ciphertext" are different data structures, as
 discussed on the list, they have not been coalesced into a combined "data"
 member.

 Also, given that there is not the same compactness requirement for the
 JSON Serialization as for the Compact Serialization, using full words for
 "signatures", "signature", and "recipients" does not seem excessive.

 Finally, "keys" would be incorrect, because these values represent
 information that is recipient-specific, which includes more than just
 keys.

 Given that reasonable shortenings of multi-word phrases to shorter names
 have been applied, as discussed on the mailing list, I believe that this
 issue should be closed as fixed.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
     Type:  defect       |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  minor        |      Status:  new
Component:  json-web-    |   Milestone:
  encryption             |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/20#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:15:08 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Per the discussion on the list and at a tele-chat, the two indicated above
 have been changed and the rest will remain as is.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
     Type:  defect       |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  minor        |      Status:  closed
Component:  json-web-    |   Milestone:
  encryption             |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/20#comment:2>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>