Subject: Re: [jose] #18: Address MAC key lifetime concerns

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:33:38 -0000

#18: Address MAC key lifetime concerns

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 What existing security considerations on key lifetimes would it be
 appropriate for us to reference?  These have to exist, albeit, perhaps in
 algorithm-specific contexts.

 Given that JOSE is only defining a representation for the inputs and
 outputs of existing algorithms, not defining new algorithms, perhaps the
 right thing to do is also the simple thing to do: state that they key
 lifetime security considerations in the specifications that define those
 algorithms continue to apply when using those algorithms using JOSE data
 structures.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
     Type:  defect       |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  major        |      Status:  new
Component:  json-web-    |   Milestone:
  signature              |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/18#comment:2>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>