Subject: Re: [jose] #131: Section 3.4 Digital Signatures with ECDSA

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 05:35:43 -0000

#131: Section 3.4 Digital Signatures with ECDSA

Old description:

> A. All of paragraph 2 could be replaced by a simple table and be more
> readable.
>
> B. Also include the R/S sizes in the table above and the next to last
> paragraph basically disappears.
>
> C. The third to last paragraph is complete garbage.  One could not try
> and re-compute the signature without the private key which is even more
> problematic than the fact that K is random.

New description:

 A. All of paragraph 2 could be replaced by a simple table and be more
 readable.

 B. Also include the R/S sizes in the table above and the next to last
 paragraph basically disappears.

 C. The third to last paragraph is complete garbage.  One could not try and
 re-compute the signature without the private key which is even more
 problematic than the fact that K is random.

 * FIXED

--

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Mike is going to look at what happens if this becomes a table and a
 decision on A and B will be done at that point in time.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/131#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:21:11 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

New description:

 * DUP of #183

 * DUP of #183

 * FIXED

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/131#comment:2>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>