Subject: Re: [jose] #137: Section 4.6 Direct Encryption with a Shared Symmetric Key

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 05:51:07 -0000

#137: Section 4.6 Direct Encryption with a Shared Symmetric Key

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A.  The mechanics of establishing the shared key are defined by the
> application.
>
> B.  Should it be an empty octet string or a constant value octet string
> (i.e. DIRECT)
>
> C.  Reference to security considerations here on problems with using
> direct keys.

New description:

 A.  The mechanics of establishing the shared key are defined by the
 application.

 * Won't FIX

 B.  Should it be an empty octet string or a constant value octet string
 (i.e. DIRECT)

 * WONT FIX

 C.  Reference to security considerations here on problems with using
 direct keys.

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/137#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>