Subject: Re: [jose] #136: Section 4.4 Key Encryption with OAEP

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 05:50:07 -0000

#136: Section 4.4 Key Encryption with OAEP

Old description:

> A.  Need to define what hash function is used
>
> B.  Need to define what mask generation function is used
>
> C.  Need to define what source function is used.
>
> D.  Perhaps need discussion of key size matching the CEK size.

New description:

 A.  Need to define what hash function is used

 B.  Need to define what mask generation function is used

 C.  Need to define what source function is used.

 D.  Perhaps need discussion of key size matching the CEK size.

 * WONT FIX - Ignore this until external people complain - then reference
 NIST table.

--

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Current assumption is that it is enough to say use the defaults from the
 description.  I am not sure that I agree this is sufficient and think we
 should say that we are using SHA-1 and so forth.  Discussion still open

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/136#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>