Subject: Re: [jose] #154: Section 6.1. JSON Web Signature and Encryption Algorithm Registery

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:19:58 -0000

#154: Section 6.1. JSON Web Signature and Encryption Algorithm Registery

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A.  Good crypto practice says that the same algorithm should only be
> registered in one location.  See Russ arguments.
>
> B.  Break the first sentence into two sentences? 1) Create registry.  2)
> Perform some registration for alg and enc.

New description:

 A.  Good crypto practice says that the same algorithm should only be
 registered in one location.  See Russ arguments.

 * Wait for resolution of #103 before closing.  Then consider the arguments
 that Mike makes about new locations for common algorithms - should they be
 in the same registry - should they be in different unique registries?

 B.  Break the first sentence into two sentences? 1) Create registry.  2)
 Perform some registration for alg and enc.

 * WON'T FIX - Reader error - does not appear to read this way anymore.

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/154#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>