Subject: [jose] Concatenating JWSs

From: Dirkjan Ochtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 21:09:07 +0100

Hi there,

In Mozilla Persona, we're working with concatenated JWS strings; that
is, we have a thing the contents of one signed bit of JSON says
something about the contents of another signed (by a different
authority) bit of JSON, and we want to pass them around together.
Currently, we're doing this by simply concatenating them with a "~" as
separator.

Is anyone else doing anything similar? Is there a best practice? Is
there value in encoding this kind of use somewhere?

Cheers,

Dirkjan

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 17:16:48 -0800

Do I smell a certificate chain?

Why not just use a JSON array?  It's a couple of extra octets, but no
custom parsing.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> jose mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jose
>

---

From: Dirkjan Ochtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:41:17 +0100

> Do I smell a certificate chain?

Something like that, yes.

> Why not just use a JSON array?  It's a couple of extra octets, but no custom
> parsing.

The same thing goes for JWS itself...

Cheers,

Dirkjan