Subject: [jose] #186: Rewording Guidance in Key Derivation for ECDH Key Agreement

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:29:07 -0000

#186: Rewording Guidance in Key Derivation for ECDH Key Agreement

 There was some rough consensus (I think) back in October to reword the
 explanatory paragraph near the end of "4.7.2. Key Derivation for ECDH Key
 Agreement"[1] to remove the big MUST from the first sentence. The thread
 on it can be found here http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/jose/current/msg03533.html but it basically amounts to
 changing 'Applications MUST specify what values should be used in the
 "apu" and "apv" parameters.' to 'Each application should specify how
 senders populate the "apu" and "apv" parameters in the context of that
 application.'

 I believe also there was agreement at the 88 meeting to qualify the
 sentence "The 'apu" and "apv" values MUST be distinct' with something
 saying that it applies only when they are used, which clarifies that they
 are both allowed to be omitted.

 [1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
 algorithms-17#section-4.7.2 (at the time of writing)

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:  IETF 88 - Vancouver
Component:  json-web-algorithms      |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/186>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>