Subject: Re: [jose] #69: Section 3.1 - "kty" (Key Type) Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 02:02:00 -0000

#69: Section 3.1 - "kty" (Key Type) Parameter

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A. Para #1 - Remove reference on the registry that is not where the
> registry is.
>
> B. Para #1 - s/use of this member is REQUIRED./The 'kty' member MUST be
> present in a JWK./
>    This is a more affirmative statement of what needs to be done by the
> user and makes it easier to write the test cases at a later point.
>
> C. Para #2 - Potentially remove the 'where is the initial registry'
> comment
>
> D. Para #3 - Clarification is needed on what the additional members used
> with "kty" values are.
>
> E. Need to discuss that some kty values will require or recommend that
> specific members be present in the JWK.  Also need to discuss how an
> implementation is supposed to know this (i.e. is it part of the registry
> entry?).

New description:

 A. Para #1 - Remove reference on the registry that is not where the
 registry is.

 * WON'T FIX - My personal peeve

 B. Para #1 - s/use of this member is REQUIRED./The 'kty' member MUST be
 present in a JWK./
    This is a more affirmative statement of what needs to be done by the
 user and makes it easier to write the test cases at a later point.

 C. Para #2 - Potentially remove the 'where is the initial registry'
 comment

 * WON'T FIX

 D. Para #3 - Clarification is needed on what the additional members used
 with "kty" values are.

 E. Need to discuss that some kty values will require or recommend that
 specific members be present in the JWK.  Also need to discuss how an
 implementation is supposed to know this (i.e. is it part of the registry
 entry?).

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  key                    |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/69#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>