Subject: [jose] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-jose-cookbook-07: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:17:33 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-jose-cookbook-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-cookbook/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The authors engaged in the discussion with the OPS-DIR reviewer Jouni on
the points below. Thanks

Few minor nits & comments:

o IDnits spits out warnings. I recon all of them are of kind that will be
corrected by t he RFC Editor -> no worries.

o The document uses example domains "hobbiton.example" and alike.
According to RFC2606 & 6761 the example domains are "example.com" etc.
These should be corrected UNLESS they cause too much trouble regenerating
outputs into examples...

o line 325 "coordiates" should probably be "coordinates".

o I would take acronyms (e.g. "(JWS)") away from the abstract.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:34:36 -0600

> These should be corrected UNLESS they cause too much trouble regenerating

Did you look at 2606, Section 2?  Here:

   To safely satisfy these needs, four domain names are reserved as
   listed and described below.

                   .test
                .example
                .invalid
              .localhost

      ".test" is recommended for use in testing of current or new DNS
      related code.

      ".example" is recommended for use in documentation or as examples.

--
Barry

---

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 00:42:13 +0200

You are correct here. duh.

- Jouni