Subject: [jose] RFC 8037 on CFRG Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) and Signatures in JSON Object Signing and Encryption (JOSE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:48:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8037

        Title:      CFRG Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) 
                    and Signatures in JSON Object Signing 
                    and Encryption (JOSE) 
        Author:     I. Liusvaara
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 24333
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-jose-cfrg-curves-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8037

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8037

This document defines how to use the Diffie-Hellman algorithms
"X25519" and "X448" as well as the signature algorithms "Ed25519" and
"Ed448" from the IRTF CFRG elliptic curves work in JSON Object
Signing and Encryption (JOSE).

This document is a product of the Javascript Object Signing and Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC