Subject: [Jwt-reg-review] ext (Extension) Claim?

From: Scott Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 15:03:33 -0500

Hi All,

  I am simply trying to extend JWT to add some arbitrary data including;
roles (ie LDAP)
auth-cache-servers
name (ie LDAP)
sname (ie LDAP)

  Should this be done with a new claim 'ext' (Extensions);

{"typ":"JWT",
"alg":"HS256",

"ext": {

   "name" : "Scott",

   "sname" : "Morgan",

   "roles" : ["SA", "ROOT"],

   "auth-cache-servers" : ["1.2.3.4","2.3.4.5"]

   }

}

Or is there better way to extend JWT?

This is connected to work on;

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-adligo-hybi-asbp-02

-- 
Regards,
Scott Morgan
President & CEO
Adligo Inc
http://www.adligo.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-morgan-21739415
A+ Better Business Bureau Rating
<https://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/adligo-inc-in-chicago-il-88381256>
https://github.com/adligo

By Appointment Only:
1-866-968-1893 Ex 101
[email-masked]
skype:adligo1?call
Send Me Files Securely:
*https://www.sendthisfile.com/f.jsp?id=ewOnyeFQM18IDRf7MMIdolfI
<https://www.sendthisfile.com/f.jsp?id=ewOnyeFQM18IDRf7MMIdolfI>*

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 06:56:34 -0600

What you've got by way of example there looks to be a JOSE header
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7515#section-4 rather than a claim
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7519#section-4 and is probably not the best
choice for what you're looking to do.

You might consider using a collision-resistant public claim name
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7519#section-4.2  such as "
http://www.adligo.com/jwt-ext-asbp" or something along those lines.  And
then putting whatever content you like under that. That'd look something
like this (unencoded):

{"alg":"HS256"}
.

{"http://www.adligo.com/jwt-ext-asbp": {

   "name" : "Scott",

   "sname" : "Morgan",

   }

  "iat": 1516239022

  ... other claims ...

}

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 2:03 PM Scott Morgan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Jwt-reg-review mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jwt-reg-review
>

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._