Subject: [Jwt-reg-review] Request to register claim: sig_val_claims

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 17:32:32 +0200

Hi,

The draft https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-santesson-svt/ is being
requested for publication as individual submission

This draft includes the request to register the claim name
"sig_val_claims" as follows:

6.1.  Claim Names Registration

   This section registers the "sig_val_claims" claim name in the IANA
   "JSON Web Token Claims" registry established by Section 10.1 in
   [RFC7519].

6.1.1.  Registry Contents

   *  Claim Name: "sig_val_claims"
   *  Claim Description: Signature Validation Token Claims
   *  Change Controller: IESG
   *  Specification Document(s): Section 3.2.3 of {this document}

The draft specifies a Token having the form of a JWT which includes this
defined claim.

The rationale for this claim is described in the referenced document.

The solution is deployed is real services and it is considered for
national government usage which is the main reason to publish the
specification as an informational RFC.

/Stefan Santesson