Subject: [karp] draft-ietf-opsec-routing-protocols-crypto-issues-01.txt

From: Manav Bhatia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 06:23:02 +0530

Hi,

I am attaching a formatted copy of the above draft as the one that was
submitted has some formatting issues.

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-opsec-routing-protocols-crypto-issues-01.txt

Abstract

Routing protocols have over time been extended to use cryptographic
mechanisms to validate data being received from a neighboring router
to ensure that:

o it has not been modified in transit.
o actually originated from an authorized neighboring router .

The cryptographic mechanisms defined to date and described in this
document rely on a digest produced with a hash algorithm applied to
the payload encapsulated in the routing protocol packet.

This document outlines some of the limitations of the current
mechanism, problems with manual keying of these cryptographic
algorithms, and possible vectors for the exploitation of these
limitations.

Cheers, Manav