Subject: [karp] another work in progress

From: "Gregory M. Lebovitz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:19:53 -0700

Here is another document with work in progress in the KARP area:

http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-liu-ospfv3-automated-keying-req-01.txt

Ya Liu, or Brian, would you be interested in resurrecting this work 
and presenting it at the BoF as relevant?

Gregory.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
IETF-related email from
Gregory M. Lebovitz
Juniper Networks
g r e go r  y d o t  i e tf a t  g m a i l  do t c o  m

---

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:33:23 -0700

Hi Gregory,

> and presenting it at the BoF as relevant?

Thanks for pointing out this draft. This is very preliminary  
investigating ways of using the MSEC WG automated key management  
protocols with OSPF. We can mention it in the Survey agenda item as  
working having been done in this area, but discussion should take  
place when there's an actual working group.

Thanks,
Brian

-- 
Brian Weis
Router/Switch Security Group, ARTG, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Gregory M. Lebovitz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:09:48 -0700

>place when there's an actual working group.

Agreed. The goal was to ensure in the BoF that people see the girth 
of working being done on the topic, realize that it is sizable, and 
realize that the various efforts have all been spread around in 
various corners of the IETF where they don't get much bandwidth. One 
of the goals of forming a BoF is consolidating the various efforts 
into one place with bandwidth and focus.

Gregory.