Subject: [karp] Fwd: [OSPF] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3-05.txt> (Supporting Authentication Trailer for OSPFv3) to Proposed Standard

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:27:53 +0100

KARP WG

Please be aware of the following document in IETF Last Call

Stewart

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[OSPF] Last Call: (Supporting Authentication Trailer for 
OSPFv3) to Proposed Standard
Date: 	Tue, 19 Jul 2011 07:57:39 -0700
From: 	The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document:
- 'Supporting Authentication Trailer for OSPFv3'
   <draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3-05.txt>  as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    Currently OSPFv3 uses IPsec for authenticating protocol packets.
    However, there are some environments, e.g., Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
    (MANETs), where IPsec is difficult to configure and maintain, and
    this mechanism cannot be used.  This draft proposes an alternative
    mechanism that can be used so that OSPFv3 does not depend upon IPsec
    for authentication.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf