Subject: Re: [keyassure] [dane] #21: Need to specify which crypto algorithms and certificate types are mandatory to implement

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:52:50 -0000

#21: Need to specify which crypto algorithms and certificate types are mandatory
to implement

Changes (by warren@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 We are calling (rough) consensus as:

 SHA-256 MUST be implemented.
 SHA-512 SHOULD be implemented.

 We fully expect to support SHA-3 once it is finalized, but we are not
 currently reserving code-points for it.
 We can re-visit code-points for SHA-3 as we know more about it, how many
 code-points it should have, etc.

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  paul.hoffman@…         |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect                 |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                  |    Milestone:        
Component:  protocol               |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                      |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                         |  
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/21#comment:1>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>