Subject: [KEYPROV] Changes made in I-D PSKC revision v1.2 from v1.0

From: "Pei, Mingliang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:03:09 -0700

We revised I-D PSKC in this Monday's submission with the following
changes:

Changes in v1.2 from v1.1

Some minor changes after v1.1 was submitted on Sunday night. The changes
are:

Section 4: 
  - added description for "event counter" with "(moving factor for OTP
algorithms)"
  - added description about key issuer name
Section 5.1.6: changed title from "FriendlyName OPTIONAL" to
"FriendlyName (OPTIONAL)"
Section 5.1.8: added condition "when 'Data' attribute is encrypted" for
"EncryptionMethod (MANDATORY)"
Section 6.1.3: revised description for DeviceType to explain bound
carnality
Section 6.1.4: revised description for DeviceIdType to explain what
composes uniqueness.
Section 6.5:   added more key algorithm types include RSA / VASCO OTP
algorithms

Changes in v1.1 from v1.0

Changes for the issues tracked:

Issue 2:  Register PSKC container URI and refer to this in keyprov spec
- Changed to use new name space 

urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:container
urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:logo

instead of

http://www.openauthentication.org/OATH/2006/08/PSKC
http://www.openauthentication.org/OATH/2006/08/logo

Issue 18: PSKC: Sync OtpAlgorithmIdentifierType with schema
- fixed the typo and revised description

Issue 19: PSKC: clarify the key generation for HMAC value of a secret
data when a PBE is used for encryption
- changed in section 6.1.1 to give recommendation about key choice for
HMAC

Issue 22: PSKC: work on clarifications and updates for comments received
(i.e., this email thread)
- changed for the comments provided by Andrea. See list below.

Issue 23: Shall we use word "Key" in XML type names toreplace word
"Secret"?
- Changed "SecretContainer" to "KeyContainer", "SecretType" to
"KeyType", and reference of "shared secret" to "symmetric key" or
"secret key" wherever it is proper. The change is across the entire
document.

General:

- Removed reference and limitation to OATH specific tokens, device,
applications, or use cases wherever it applies.
- Revised provisioning of authentication tokens as an example
application, rather than as the target application such that general
key, e.g., IEEE 1619 could be applied later.

Section 1
1. Revised the sentence about the "The goal is that the format will
facilitate dynamic provisioning of OTP credentials using an OTP
provisioning protocol to different flavors of embedded tokens ...from
different vendors into the same infrastructure.". See general change
above.
2. Revised the sentence about why this format is defined instead of
using existing PKCS#12.

Section 5.1
1. Added section about "FriendlyName"

Section 5.1.9
1. Added "OPTIONAL" title.

Section 6.1.1
1. Changed SecretType to KeyType

Section 6.1.2
1. Fixed OTPAlgorithmIdentifier.
2. "Access Rules" -- fixed typo - "weather" should be "whether".

Section 6.1.3
1. Changed to RECOMMEND "a shared secret be bound to one Device only"
instead of MUST.

Section 6.1.6
1. Changed SecretContainer to KeyContainer

Section 6.5:
1. Changed SecretAlgorithmType to KeyAlgorithmType

Section 6.7.1
1. Changed SecretContainer to KeyContainer

Section 7
1. Schema updates for the changes above

Section 10
1. Sample message updates for the changes above

Please review. Thanks,

- Ming

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov