Subject: [KEYPROV] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-01

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:19:33 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Andrea Doherty and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Dynamic Symmetric Key Provisioning Protocol (DSKPP)
Creation_date:	 2007-10-29
WG ID:		 keyprov
Number_of_pages: 106

Abstract:
DSKPP is a client-server protocol for initialization (and
configuration) of symmetric keys to locally and remotely accessible
cryptographic modules.  The protocol can be run with or without
private-key capabilities in the cryptographic modules, and with or
without an established public-key infrastructure.

Three variations of the protocol support multiple usage scenarios.
The four-pass (i.e., two round-trip) variant enables key generation
in near real-time.  With the four-pass variant, keys are mutually
generated by the provisioning server and cryptographic module;
provisioned keys are not transferred over-the-wire or over-the-air.
Two- and one-pass variants enable secure and efficient download and
installation of symmetric keys to a cryptographic module in
environments where near real-time communication may not be possible.

This document builds on information contained in [RFC4758], adding
specific enhancements in response to implementation experience and
liaison requests.  It is intended, therefore, that this document or a
successor version thereto will become the basis for subsequent
progression of a symmetric key provisioning protocol specification on
the standards track.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov