Subject: [KEYPROV] KEYPROV discussion at IEEE P1619.3 meeting 04-30-08

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 12:53:59 -0400

I participated in the IEEE P1619.3 meeting last Wednesday to discuss how
KEYPROV and P1619.3 could work together.  There were about 13-14 people
in attendance, including folks from Dell, Microsoft, Wave, Voltage
Security, etc.  The upshot is that because the KEYPROV protocol
initializes a cryptographic unit, it is out-of-scope for P1619.3, which
has decided to keep crypto units out of its standard.  However, there
was consensus that the work is complementary, and that P1619.3 should be
compatible with it going forward.  Therefore, action was taken for
someone (yet to be defined) from P1619.3 to work with Hannes Tschofenig
to describe use cases involving use KEYPROV protocol and container(s). 
There will be a liaison report given by Ming today at the face-to-face
P1619.3 meeting in Santa Clara.
Andrea

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov