Subject: [KEYPROV] [Fwd: [P1619-3] Call for Speakers and Donations for the 2008 Key Management Summit, Ends May 30th]

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 08:55:03 +0300

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[P1619-3] Call for Speakers and Donations for the 2008 Key 
Management Summit, Ends May 30th
Date: 	Mon, 12 May 2008 08:32:20 -0600
From: 	Matt Ball <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	Matt Ball <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

(Please forward this message as needed to other related groups)

The 2008 Key Management Summit (KMS 2008) is currently seeking speakers 
and donations.

If you would like to speak at KMS 2008, please send a brief abstract to 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Also, if you are able to donate money, we will provide a vendor speaking 
slot and put your name and logo on the front page.  Donations are 
US$1000.  Eight slots are available and will be filled in the order 
received.  Send e-mail to [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>

Please send speaking proposals and make donation commitments by May 
30th, 2008.

Details:

The IEEE Key Management Summit brings together the top companies that 
develop cryptographic key management for storage devices with the 
standards organizations that make interoperability possible. 

With recent legislation, such as California's SB 1386 or Sarbanes-Oxley, 
companies now have to publicly disclose when they lose unencrypted 
personal data.  To meet this new need for encryption, many companies 
have developed solutions that encrypt data on hard disks and tape 
cartridges.  The problem is that these data storage vendors need a 
solution for managing the cryptographic keys that protect the encrypted 
data.

 This summit aims to provide clarity to the key management by showing 
how existing products and standards organizations address the problem of 
interoperability and security.

KMS 2008 is co-located with the IEEE Mass Storage and Systems 
Technologies conference <http://storageconference.org/2008/> in 
Baltimore, Maryland on September 23-24, 2008.

See http://www.keymanagementsummit.com/2008/ for more details.

Thanks!
Matt Ball, IEEE P1619.x SISWG Chair
M.V. Ball Technical Consulting, Inc.
Phone: 303-469-2469, Cell: 303-717-2717
http://www.mvballtech.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewvball
_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov