Subject: Re: [KEYPROV] DSKPP -- IANA Considerations

From: "Pei, Mingliang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 13:02:40 -0700

Name space uri changes look fine to me. Correspondingly we need to update the IANA section in PSKC draft.

- Ming

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun Jun 08 11:33:33 2008
Subject: [KEYPROV] DSKPP -- IANA Considerations

I believe the the current text of the DSKPP draft regarding the IANA 
considerations needs to be replaced by the following text:

I suggest to replace the "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:protocol:1.0" 
with the "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:dskpp:1.0"  namespace.
For the PSKC document I also suggest to use 
"urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:pskc:1.0"  instead of 
"urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:container:1.0"

I also wonder whether the document should create a registry for the 
status codes listed in Section 4.7. For example, one would describe what 
is necessary to define new status codes.

11.  IANA Considerations

   This document requires several IANA registrations detailed in the
   following sections.

11.1.  URN Sub-Namespace Registration for
       urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:dskpp:1.0

   This section registers a new XML namespace,
   "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:dskpp:1.0", per the guidelines in
   [RFC3688].

      URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:dskpp:1.0

      Registrant Contact: IETF, KEYPROV working group,
      ([email-masked]), Andrea Doherty ([email-masked]).
      XML:

         BEGIN
           <?xml version="1.0"?>
           <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
             "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
           <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
             <head>
               <title>DSKPP Messages</title>
             </head>
             <body>
               <h1>Namespace for DSKPP Messages</h1>
               <h2>urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:keyprov:dskpp:1.0</h2>
       [NOTE TO IANA/RFC-EDITOR: Please replace XXXX
       with the RFC number for this specification.]
               <p>See RFCXXXX</p>
             </body>
           </html>
         END

11.2.  XML Schema Registration

   This section registers an XML schema as per the guidelines in
   [RFC3688].

   URI:  urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:keyprov:dskpp:1.0
      Registrant Contact: IETF, KEYPROV working group,
      ([email-masked]), Andrea Doherty ([email-masked]).
   Schema:  The XML for this schema can be found as the entirety of
      Section 7 of this document.

11.3.  MIME Media Type Registration for 'application/dskpp+xml'

   This section registers the "application/dskpp+xml" MIME type.

   To:  [email-masked]
   Subject:  Registration of MIME media type application/dskpp+xml
   MIME media type name:  application
   MIME subtype name:  dskpp+xml
   Required parameters:  (none)
   Optional parameters:  charset
      Indicates the character encoding of enclosed XML.  Default is
      UTF-8.
   Encoding considerations:  Uses XML, which can employ 8-bit
      characters, depending on the character encoding used.  See RFC
      3023 [RFC3023], Section 3.2.
   Security considerations:  This content type is designed to carry
      protocol data related to key management. Security mechanisms
      are built into the protocol to ensure that various threats
      are dealt with.
   Interoperability considerations:  This content type provides a basis
      for a protocol
   Published specification:  RFC XXXX [NOTE TO IANA/RFC-EDITOR: Please
      replace XXXX with the RFC number for this specification.]
   Applications which use this media type:  Protocol for key exchange.
   Additional Information:  Magic Number(s): (none)
      File extension(s): .xml
      Macintosh File Type Code(s): (none)
   Person & email address to contact for further information: 
   Andrea Doherty ([email-masked])
   Intended usage:  LIMITED USE
   Author/Change controller:  The IETF
   Other information:  This media type is a specialization of
      application/xml [RFC3023], and many of the considerations
      described there also apply to application/dskpp+xml.
     
_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov
_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov