Subject: [KEYPROV] KEYPROV Conference Call - Minutes 27th January 2009

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:16:40 +0200

Participants: 

* Philip
* Andrea
* Ming
* Phillip 

Meeting notes by Andrea: 

1. We discussed the KW-AES-128 vs AES-128-CBC issue.  Trade-off between what
appears to be a consensus on the mailing list, incl from Russ, on
KW-AES-128, but concern that padding solution for HOTP won't be available in
time for PSKC and DSKPP.  Phillip suggested we make the docs dependent on
the work Russ is doing with NIST for which Russ offered to help write an
RFC.  We also discussed making both optional, but this means less
simplification.  We recognized that Russ will carry weight on this topic
once the docs go to last call.

	ACTION: Phillip will discuss work he is doing on KW-AES-padding to
determine timing, and best course for KEYPROV

2. Ming raised issue regarding supporting a separate MAC different from
encryption key.  

	ACTION: Discussion between Philip Hoyer, Ming, and possibly Anders
will be taken offline.

3. Discussed DSKPP simplifications.  

	ACTIONS: Andrea to finish her edits.  Phillip H-B and Andrea agreed
to meet in person (e.g., at RSA in Bedford for half-day to discuss editorial
changes; tentative date was set for 2/3/09.

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov