Subject: Re: [KEYPROV] Your KEYPROV Action Item

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:32:12 -0500

As per the action, Phillip and I came up with wording.  Here it is:
 
The choice of cryptographic algorithm depends on the context in light of
contemporary cryptanalytics.  As of the date of this publication, the
RECOMMENDED key wrapping mechanisms for the DSKPP server and client are:
 
KW-AES128 without padding     Refer to
http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#kw-aes128
<http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#kw-aes128>  
                              in [XMLENC]; this mechanism is limited to
key whose 
                              size is a multiple of 8 bits
 
KW-AES128 with padding        Refer to
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/> 
                              draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad-01.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad
-01.txt> ; 
                              this mechanism is limited to keys whose
size is not a 
                              multiple of 8 bits 
 
Please note that we would like to remove mention of AES-CBC-128 since we
believe the I-D referenced above will become an RFC before PSKC and
DSKPP.
 
Philip H, how does this look to you?
Andrea

________________________________

From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 1:49 PM
To: Doherty, Andrea; 'Hallam-Baker, Phillip'
Subject: Your KEYPROV Action Item

ACTION: PHB and Andrea to create paragraph to be included in both specs
ACTION PH to review paragraph 

I have not seen a mail from you on the list.