Subject: [KEYPROV] FW: FPWD Transition Announcement - XML Security Specifications

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:19:13 -0400

All, please take a look at the email that I forwarded below.
 
The "Derived Key" document is, among other things, intended to support
KEYPROV  - a "core" XML security way of having derived keys in
ds:KeyInfo. Possibly for use in PSKC/DSKPP.

Andrea 

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Frederick Hirsch
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:09 PM
To: [email-masked]; XMLSec WG Public List
Cc: Frederick Hirsch
Subject: FPWD Transition Announcement - XML Security Specifications

This is a First Public Working Draft transition announcement from the
XML Security WG.

The following seven specifications have been published as First Public
Working Drafts and the WG requests feedback on these documents. Comment
may be sent to the list [email-masked] .  If possible
please indicate the document in the subject line. 

(1) XML Signature Syntax and Processing Version 1.1

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmldsig-core1-20090226/

(2) XML Encryption Syntax and Processing Version 1.1
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmlenc-core1-20090226/

(3) XML Signature Transform Simplification: Requirements and Design
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmldsig-simplify-20090226/

(4) XML Security Use Cases and Requirements
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmlsec-reqs-20090226/

(5) XML Security Derived Keys
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmlsec-derivedkeys-20090226/

(6) XML Signature Properties
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmldsig-properties-20090226/

(7) XML Security Algorithm Cross-Reference

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmlsec-algorithms-20090226/

These were included in the following transition request:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2009JanMar/0087.html

The Working Group has also published an updated working draft of Best
Practices:

(8) XML Signature Best Practices W3C Working Draft 26 February 2009
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmldsig-bestpractices-20090226/

The Working Group would appreciate review of these documents, with
special attention to the algorithms listed in XML Signature 1.1 and XML
Encryption 1.1, the proposed 2.0 changes in the Transform Simplification
document and Use Cases and Requirements. Again, comment may be sent to
the list [email-masked] .

Thank you

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia

Chair XML Security WG

---

From: "Pei, Mingliang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:17:17 -0700

Thanks for the forwarding. The DerviedKey looks to be a common
definition. In particular, the example in 7.1 looks so similar to what
we have in PSKC for PBE derived key. The only difference is that PSKC
used "CarrierName" and the xmlsec-derivedkeys used "MasterKeyName". It
seems to be naturally aligned - both referring to PKCS#5 XML definition.
 
XMLSEC-DerivedKeys

	<dkey:DerivedKey
	   xmlns:dkey="http://www.w3.org/2009/01/xmlsec-derived-key"
	   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	   xmlns:xenc="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#"
	
xmlns:pkcs-5="http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/pkcs/schemas/pkcs-5v2-0
#">
	   <dkey:KeyDerivationMethod 
	
Algorithm="http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/pkcs/schemas/pkcs-5#pbkdf2
">
	     <pkcs-5:PBKDF2-params>
	       <Salt>
	         <Specified>Df3dRAhjGh8=</Specified>
	       </Salt>
	       <IterationCount>2000</IterationCount>
	       <KeyLength>16</KeyLength>
	       <PRF/>
	     </pkcs-5:PBKDF2-params>
	   </dkey:KeyDerivationMethod>
	   <xenc:ReferenceList>
	     <xenc:DataReference URI="#ED"/>
	   </xenc:ReferenceList>
	   <MasterKeyName>Our shared secret</MasterKeyName>
	</dkey:DerivedKey>

PSKC
<DerivedKey>
  <CarriedKeyName>Passphrase1</CarriedKeyName>
  <KeyDerivationMethod
 
Algorithm="http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/pkcs/schemas/pkcs-5v2-0#pb
kdf2 <http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/pkcs/schemas/pkcs-5v2-0#pbkdf2>
">
    <pkcs5:PBKDF2-params>
      <pkcs5:Salt>
        <pkcs5:Specified>Ej7/PEpyEpw=</pkcs5:Specified>
      </pkcs5:Salt>
      <pkcs5:IterationCount>1000</pkcs5:IterationCount>
      <pkcs5:KeyLength>16</pkcs5:KeyLength>
      <pkcs5:PRF/>
    </pkcs5:PBKDF2-params>
   </KeyDerivationMethod>
   <xenc:ReferenceList>
    <xenc:DataReference URI="#ED"/>
   </xenc:ReferenceList>
</DerivedKey>
- Ming

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
	Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:19 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [KEYPROV] FW: FPWD Transition Announcement - XML
SecuritySpecifications

	The "Derived Key" document is, among other things, intended to
support KEYPROV  - a "core" XML security way of having derived keys in
ds:KeyInfo. Possibly for use in PSKC/DSKPP.

	Andrea 

	From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Frederick Hirsch
	Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:09 PM
	To: [email-masked]; XMLSec WG Public List
	Cc: Frederick Hirsch
	Subject: FPWD Transition Announcement - XML Security
Specifications

	This is a First Public Working Draft transition announcement
from the XML Security WG.

	The following seven specifications have been published as First
Public Working Drafts and the WG requests feedback on these documents.
Comment may be sent to the list [email-masked] .  If
possible please indicate the document in the subject line. 

	(3) XML Signature Transform Simplification: Requirements and
Design
	http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmldsig-simplify-20090226/

	The Working Group has also published an updated working draft of
Best Practices:

	(8) XML Signature Best Practices W3C Working Draft 26 February
2009
	http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xmldsig-bestpractices-20090226/

	The Working Group would appreciate review of these documents,
with special attention to the algorithms listed in XML Signature 1.1 and
XML Encryption 1.1, the proposed 2.0 changes in the Transform
Simplification document and Use Cases and Requirements. Again, comment
may be sent to the list [email-masked] .

	Thank you

	regards, Frederick

	Frederick Hirsch, Nokia

	Chair XML Security WG