Subject: [KEYPROV] webinar on the Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) being introduced in OASIS

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:52:10 -0400

Hi -

RSA is one of the leaders in creating the KMIP technical committee and
the draft specification. We see KMIP as complemented by DSKPP,
particularly in terms of using DSKPP to negotiate trusted communication
within which KMIP requests/responses can take place. For that reason, I
wanted to make sure that folks in keyprov know about KMIP and to invite
anyone interested to join us for this webinar and in the KMIP TC.

Regards,

Bob

*******************************************************************
SUBJECT: OASIS Invites 'You' to the Complimentary Key Management
Interoperability Protocol Webinar

***************************************************************
You are invited to attend the complimentary webinar, 'An Introduction to
the
Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP).'
 
Date:  Thursday, April 2, 2009 
 
Time:  9:00 AM - 11:00 AM New York, 6:00 AM - 8:00AM San Francisco,
3:00PM -
5:00PM London, 9:00PM - 11:00PM Hong Kong
 
Space is limited.

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/772159561

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.

DESCRIPTION:

The increased use of encryption for securing information in the
enterprise
reflects the critical importance of this technology in addressing
regulatory
requirements, protecting intellectual property and controlling the
exposure
of sensitive information. The widespread use of encryption, however, is
complicated by inconsistencies and duplication in the key management
systems
supporting each of the encryption environments. Full-disk encryption
systems
for laptops have their own key management systems, as to encryption
systems
for array-based storage environments and content management systems.
This
proliferation of key management systems results in higher operational
and
infrastructure costs for enterprises using encryption. Even in those
cases
where a single key management system can support multiple encryption
systems, there are typically different communication protocols between
the
key management system and each of the encryption systems. The
proliferation
of protocols, even when supported by a single enterprise key manager,
results in higher costs for developing and supporting the key manager,
costs
that ultimately get passed on to the enterprises deploying encryption
solutions. 

This presentation will discuss the Key Management Interoperability
Protocol
(KMIP), recently introduced into the OASIS standards organization,
establishes a single, comprehensive protocol for communication between
enterprise key management systems and encryption systems. By defining a
protocol that can be used in any encryption system, from the smallest
encryption devices such as automated electric meters to the most complex
storage arrays and server environments, KMIP enables enterprise key
management systems to speak a single protocol to all encryption systems
supporting the protocol. Through support of KMIP, an enterprise will be
able
to consolidate key management in a single enterprise key management
system,
reducing infrastructure costs while strengthening operational controls
and
governance of security policy. 

See KMIP: http://tinyurl.com/cnruce

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: WindowsR 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista 
 
MacintoshR-based attendees
Required: Mac OSR X 10.3.9 (PantherR) or newer

**************************************************************
Thank so much for your support!

Dee Schur, Member Support
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org
+1.978.667.5115 x211

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php