Subject: [KEYPROV] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-08

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:52:35 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:44 PM
To: Doherty, Andrea
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Nyström, Magnus
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-08 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-08.txt has been successfuly submitted by Andrea Doherty and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp
Revision:	 08
Title:		 Dynamic Symmetric Key Provisioning Protocol (DSKPP)
Creation_date:	 2009-07-28
WG ID:		 keyprov
Number_of_pages: 94

Abstract:
DSKPP is a client-server protocol for initialization (and
configuration) of symmetric keys to locally and remotely accessible
cryptographic modules.  The protocol can be run with or without
private-key capabilities in the cryptographic modules, and with or
without an established public-key infrastructure.

Two variations of the protocol support multiple usage scenarios.
With the four-pass variant, keys are mutually generated by the
provisioning server and cryptographic module; provisioned keys are
not transferred over-the-wire or over-the-air.  The two-pass variant
enables secure and efficient download and installation of pre-
generated symmetric keys to a cryptographic module.

This document builds on information contained in [RFC4758], adding
specific enhancements in response to implementation experience and
liaison requests.

The IETF Secretariat.