Subject: [KEYPROV] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-11

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:15:28 -0400

This draft addresses GEN-ART DISCUSS re Algorithm Agility, and Alexey Melnikov's DISCUSS #6 re Normative Reference to RFC2781 in Section 11.  The purpose of this draft is to start a 2nd, but focused, IETF LC re the newly added Normative Reference since RFC2781 is Informational and therefore creates a DOWNREF in DSKPP.

Andrea

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:12 PM
To: Doherty, Andrea
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-11 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-11.txt has been successfully submitted by Andrea Doherty and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp
Revision:	 11
Title:		 Dynamic Symmetric Key Provisioning Protocol (DSKPP)
Creation_date:	 2010-05-13
WG ID:		 keyprov
Number_of_pages: 96

Abstract:
DSKPP is a client-server protocol for initialization (and
configuration) of symmetric keys to locally and remotely accessible
cryptographic modules.  The protocol can be run with or without
private-key capabilities in the cryptographic modules, and with or
without an established public-key infrastructure.

Two variations of the protocol support multiple usage scenarios.
With the four-pass variant, keys are mutually generated by the
provisioning server and cryptographic module; provisioned keys are
not transferred over-the-wire or over-the-air.  The two-pass variant
enables secure and efficient download and installation of pre-
generated symmetric keys to a cryptographic module.

This document builds on information contained in [RFC4758], adding
specific enhancements in response to implementation experience and
liaison requests.

The IETF Secretariat.