Subject: [KEYPROV] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6030 (2759)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 06:17:16 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6030,
"Portable Symmetric Key Container (PSKC)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6030&eid=2759

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Philip Hoyer <[email-masked]>

Section: 11

Original Text
-------------
     <xs:complexType name="AlgorithmParametersType">
          <xs:choice>

Hoyer, et al.                Standards Track                   [Page 42]

RFC 6030         Portable Symmetric Key Container (PSKC)    October 2010

               <xs:element name="Suite" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>
               <xs:element name="ChallengeFormat" minOccurs="0">
                    <xs:complexType>
                         <xs:attribute name="Encoding"
                              type="pskc:ValueFormatType"
                                                      use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="Min"
                              type="xs:unsignedInt" use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="Max"
                              type="xs:unsignedInt" use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="CheckDigits"
                              type="xs:boolean" default="false"/>
                    </xs:complexType>
               </xs:element>
               <xs:element name="ResponseFormat" minOccurs="0">
                    <xs:complexType>
                         <xs:attribute name="Encoding"
                              type="pskc:ValueFormatType"
                                                      use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="Length"
                              type="xs:unsignedInt" use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="CheckDigits"
                              type="xs:boolean" default="false"/>
                    </xs:complexType>
               </xs:element>
               <xs:element name="Extensions"
                    type="pskc:ExtensionsType" minOccurs="0"
                    maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
          </xs:choice>
     </xs:complexType>

Corrected Text
--------------
     <xs:complexType name="AlgorithmParametersType">
          <xs:sequence>

Hoyer, et al.                Standards Track                   [Page 42]

RFC 6030         Portable Symmetric Key Container (PSKC)    October 2010

               <xs:element name="Suite" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>
               <xs:element name="ChallengeFormat" minOccurs="0">
                    <xs:complexType>
                         <xs:attribute name="Encoding"
                              type="pskc:ValueFormatType"
                                                      use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="Min"
                              type="xs:unsignedInt" use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="Max"
                              type="xs:unsignedInt" use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="CheckDigits"
                              type="xs:boolean" default="false"/>
                    </xs:complexType>
               </xs:element>
               <xs:element name="ResponseFormat" minOccurs="0">
                    <xs:complexType>
                         <xs:attribute name="Encoding"
                              type="pskc:ValueFormatType"
                                                      use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="Length"
                              type="xs:unsignedInt" use="required"/>
                         <xs:attribute name="CheckDigits"
                              type="xs:boolean" default="false"/>
                    </xs:complexType>
               </xs:element>
               <xs:element name="Extensions"
                    type="pskc:ExtensionsType" minOccurs="0"
                    maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
          </xs:sequence>
     </xs:complexType>

Notes
-----
The AlgorithmParameter should have a sequqnce of subelements not a choice as for Challenge/Response algorithms it MUST be possible to define both the ChallengeFormat and the Response Format at the same time. Currently the schema uses <xs:choice> which allows either <ChallengeFormat> or <ResponseFormat> but not both.
This correction will bring it in line with intended description in Section 4.3.4

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6030 (draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Portable Symmetric Key Container (PSKC)
Publication Date    : October 2010
Author(s)           : P. Hoyer, M. Pei, S. Machani
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Provisioning of Symmetric Keys
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG