Subject: Kink Working Group

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:32:11 -0500

In early January I asked what the status of Kink was and whether there
is sufficient energy to finish the protocol.  The answer appears to be
that there is clearly sufficient energy and there has been an active
discussion moving towards resolution of issues.  We've received at
least three document reviews with significant overlap in issues and
have been working towards resolving those issues.

As such I am not planning to close down the Kink working group and
look forward to working with everyone to quickly finish the
specification and get it approved by the IESG.

However I did establish a deadline in early January.  The working
group chairs needed to propose new milestones and propose
IPsec/Kerberos reviewers by February 7.  That day has past and I have
not heard from the chairs on this issue.  There was some discussion of
milestones but it was never formalized.

I'd appreciate reasonably quick resolution from the chairs on this
issue.

Thanks,

--Sam

---

From: Nobuo OKABE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:55:25 +0900 (JST)

chairs,

It is just information.

I can find in the ML that the following people volunteered
for the reviewers.

    Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>        (Mon, 3 Jan 2005)
    KAMADA Ken'ichi <[email-masked]>  (Wed, 12 Jan 2005)
    Shoichi Sakane <[email-masked]>     (Thu, 20 Jan 2005)

In the ML, there is no objection against proposed milestones
which chairs showed 19 Jan.
# There are may issues though....

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Subject: Kink Working Group
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:32:11 -0500

> milestones but it was never formalized.

----- nobuo

---

From: Kazunori Miyazawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 10:23:10 +0900

Hello,

I'd like to be a reviewer of the document. I have implemented IPsec stack
in Linux as a core member of USAGI project. And I'm implementing current
KINK spec into embedded device.
I can review the document from IPsec architecture point of view.

--
Kazunori Miyazawa