Subject: revising section 8, Key Derivation

From: "KAMADA Ken'ichi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:51:23 +0900

Section 8 seems to be blocking #37, #25, and #26, so I'll try to
revise it first.  How about this for section 8.
# Sorry if my poor English broke some sentenses.

8.  Key Derivation

   KINK uses the same key derivation mechanisms that [IKE] uses in
   section 5.5, which is:

   KEYMAT = prf(SKEYID_d, [g(qm)^xy |] protocol | SPI | Ni_b [| Nr_b])

   The following differences apply:

   o  prf is the pseudo-random function corresponding to the session
      key's etype.  They are defined in [KCRYPTO].

   o  SKEYID_d is the session key in the Kerberos service ticket from
      the AP-REQ.

   o  Nr_b is optional.

      When the responder's nonce does not exist, Nr_b is treated as if
      a zero length value was supplied.

   Note that g(qm)^xy refers to the keying material generated when KE
   payloads are supplied using Diffie Hellman key agreement. This is
   explained in section 5.5 of [IKE].

   The rest of the key derivation (e.g. how to expand KEYMAT)
   follows IKE.  How to use derived keying materials is up to each
   service (e.g. section 4.6.2 of [IPSEC]).

# add a reference [KCRYPTO] to RFC 3961.
# "section 4.6.2 of [IPSEC]" may be "section 4.5.2 of [2401bis]".

-- 
KAMADA Ken'ichi <[email-masked]>