Subject: What to do at IETF 61

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:38:32 -0400

I still haven't thought of anything for us to do with a BOF slot at
IETf 61.

I think the first tasks of a working group are:

1) Ask Nico what needs to happen to get his pseudo mechs draft to a last-callable state.

2) Find an editor for GSSAPI V3

3) Figure out if we want to do things like the PRF as separate drafts or to fold them into the GSS spec as optional features.

4) Better figure out what naming problem we're going to solve and
   narrow the scope of our solution.

5) Discuss time lines for things and make sure everything has an
   editor.

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:43:54 -0500

> 1) Ask Nico what needs to happen to get his pseudo mechs draft to a last-callable state.

Review.  I suppose we can last call I-Ds immediately and see what
happens :)

> 2) Find an editor for GSSAPI V3

But do we need a meeting for this?  I think we may manage work
distribution amongst the usual suspects to start with and re-distribute
the load later if need be or if other would-be-editors pipe up who want
to do the work.

> 3) Figure out if we want to do things like the PRF as separate drafts or to fold them into the GSS spec as optional features.

Ok.

>    narrow the scope of our solution.

Yeah.  This could use a meeting.  But first I'd like to meet with you
about this.

> 5) Discuss time lines for things and make sure everything has an

Yup.  Meeting.  Perhaps this can wait for #62.

Nico
--

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:48:50 -0500

> Yeah.  This could use a meeting.  But first I'd like to meet with you

Or maybe we can do this on the list -- it's just as well I think.

Basically, we need to work out the interfaces.

Nico
--

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:49:05 -0400

I'm hoping that at least one (possibly even the only) editor for the
GSSAPI spec is not a usual suspect.  I think we're all fairly over
loaded at this point.

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:53:29 -0500

> GSSAPI spec is not a usual suspect.  I think we're all fairly over

Yeah, I'm just thinking about KITTEN skipping #61 on account of the IESG
failing to pronounce a WG in time.  OTOH, there was plenty of interest
expressed at #60, I don't want to disappoint.

Nico
--

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:17:35 -0400

> expressed at #60, I don't want to disappoint.

Perhaps we can request a short slot and just do a brief overview of what 
people have been working on, and maybe some discussion of the things that 
have been brought up since the proposed charter in san diego.  At this 
point I think the real work of kitten is going to happen online for some 
time yet.

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:51:32 -0500

> point I think the real work of kitten is going to happen online for some 

If nothing else we should present the charter.

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:36:41 -0400

> expressed at #60, I don't want to disappoint.

Unless there is a change of opinion before the deadline I will encourage
the submission of the outstanding drafts which have yet to be published
and advise the AD that we will not be requesting a second BOF slot.

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:49:10 -0500

> and advise the AD that we will not be requesting a second BOF slot.

I will publish some additional I-Ds, yes.

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:51:24 -0400

> I will publish some additional I-Ds, yes.

In particular I want to see the SPNEGO and C-Sharp drafts.

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:12:14 -0400

I have received strong indications that Kitten will be a working group
in time for a meeting at IETF 61.  I have been asked to resubmit the
charter with fixed delivery dates instead of estimated time periods.
I am going to estimate delivery dates starting from the end of November.

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:32:52 -0500

Excellent.