Subject: RE: Comments: draft-williams-krb5-gssapi-domain-based-name

From: "Tim Alsop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:01:42 +0100

For example, the Kerberos principal name for our LDAP servers is in the
form of "ldap/<DC name>/<domain name>@<DOMAIN NAME>".

Tim> Can I assume that this principal name format is only used for
services ? The reason for asking is that I have noticed I sometimes get
a tgt in my Microsoft cache with a principal name of
tim\@[email-masked] - is this a correct format for a user account
principal name ?

Thanks, Tim.

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:05:05 -0500

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 06:01:42PM +0100, Tim Alsop wrote:
> Can I assume that this principal name format is only used for

Isn't that a UPN?  I.e., the one component is "user@domain" and the '\'
is added in the display form of the name to quote the '@' so it's not
parsed as the end of the last component.

Nico
--