Subject: WGLC Reminder: GSS PRF and GSS KRB5 PRF drafts

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:13:26 -0400

Folks.   This is a reminder that the working group last call on the PRF
drafts is scheduled to end tomorrow.   There has up to this point been
very little discussion of the content of the drafts and the proposed
changes that Nico posted to the list on April 18th.

I would appreciate it if folks would review the documents as PRF is
crucial to several application protocols which are looking to implement
GSS-based security.

For a reminder here is a copy of the announcement text:

Today begins a Working Group Last Call on the working group
drafts:

 * draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-prf-02.txt
 * draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-prf-02.txt

There are known issues related to ID-Nits failures which will
be addressed at the end of the working group last call period
prior to submission to the IESG.

* draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-prf-02.txt:

  - The IANA Considerations section is missing

  - The boilerplate must be updated to RFC 3978

  - The IPR disclosure must be in conformance with BCP 79.

* draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-prf-02.txt:

  - The Introductions section is missing

  - The IANA Considerations section is missing

  - The boilerplate must be updated to RFC 3978

  - The IPR disclosure must be in conformance with BCP 79.

In addition, there are two issues which must be addressed
for there to be a successful completion of the WGLC.

(1) Language Bindings for Java and C# should be provided as part
    of draft-ietf-kitten-gssapi-prf

(2) Appropriate text specifying how the key usage for the Krb5
    PRF function will be determined must be added.

This WGLC will end on April 28, 2005.

Jeffrey Altman

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:09:30 -0400

The working group last call on the two PRF related documents is being
extended until Thursday May 5th.  Yesterday there was extensive off-list
discussion on the drafts among Nico Williams, Ken Raeburn, Tom Yu, and
Jeffrey Hutzelman.  Nico has agreed to post new versions of the drafts
to a web site and summarize for the list the discussions in order that
consensus can be reached on the changes prior to submission to the
Internet-Drafts editor.

I look forward to the rest of the working group being able to review
the work.

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:01:25 -0500

> consensus can be reached on the changes prior to submission to the

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/nico/kitten-gss-prf-03.txt
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/nico/kitten-krb5-gss-prf-03.txt

I'll generate some cleaned up diff output and post it.

Changes include:

 - I-D nits, typo fixes

 - addition of 'prf_key' key identifier to GSS_Pseudo_random(), to
   support a PROT_READY-like feature and generic key identifier
   constants, GSS_C_PRF_KEY_DEFAULT and GSS_C_PRF_KEY_PARTIAL

 - cleaned up text on minimum and minimum maximum input and output data
   sizes that must be supported

> I look forward to the rest of the working group being able to review

Me too.

Nico
--

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:52:45 -0500

> I'll generate some cleaned up diff output and post it.

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/nico/kitten-gss-prf.02_03.diffs
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/nico/kitten-krb5-gss-prf.02_03.diffs

Nico
--