Subject: FW: Updated I-Ds location Re: Extended One Week: WGLC GSS PRF and GSSKRB5 PRF drafts

From: "Blumenthal, Uri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:24:30 -0400

After a verbal discussion with Joe and Nico, we came up with the idea of
augmenting the normative reference list in GSS PRF draft with

Handbook of Applied Cryptography, by Menezes, van Oorschot and Vanstone,
CRC Press, ISBN: 0-8493-8523-7. 5th printing in 2001.

Chapter 5 deals with Pseudorandom sequences. Still enough math, but with
a practical bent, usable by somebody who wants to design one.

Also, I just went through "kitten-krb5-gss-prf-03" and found it OK.

Tnx!

Regards,
Uri

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 16:37:31 -0400

>>>>> "Blumenthal," == Blumenthal, Uri <[email-masked]> writes:

    Blumenthal,> After a verbal discussion with Joe and Nico, we came
    Blumenthal,> up with the idea of augmenting the normative
    Blumenthal,> reference list in GSS PRF draft with

    Blumenthal,> Handbook of Applied Cryptography, by Menezes, van
    Blumenthal,> Oorschot and Vanstone, CRC Press, ISBN:
    Blumenthal,> 0-8493-8523-7. 5th printing in 2001.

    Blumenthal,> Chapter 5 deals with Pseudorandom sequences. Still
    Blumenthal,> enough math, but with a practical bent, usable by
    Blumenthal,> somebody who wants to design one.

A pseudo-random sequence isn't really the same thing as a PRF is it?
Or does their definition of sequence include arbitrary indexing which
I guess would be close enough.

This seems like an informative not normative reference.