Subject: IETF63 Kitten Working Group Meeting - Please participate

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 02:10:42 -0400

The Kitten WG meeting will occur today Monday, 1030-1200 Paris Time.

I would like to encourage folks to participate in the meeting, even if
you are unable to attend in person.  As usual, a Jabber chat room will
be available so that folks not present in person can follow along and
contribute.  Information on joining the chat room is available at

          http://www.xmpp.org/ietf-chat.html

In addition, there will be a one-way MP3 audio stream available,
allowing remote participants to hear everything that goes on during the
meeting. Information on the audio feed is appended to the end of this
message.

The agenda and presentation slides will be available on the
web at http://web.mit.edu/jaltman/www/kitten/ietf63/
by the time the meeting starts.

In addition, Kitten has been selected to participate in an experimental
real-time proceedings tool that allows updates to the agenda and
presentations to be updated during the meeting.  The following URL
can be used to access the IETF site during the meeting:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/proceeding_onsite.cgi?meeting_num=63

-- Jeff

Subject: Status of audio streaming for IETF 63. (revisited)
From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: IETF-Discussion <ietf.ietf.org>

Just a quick update, and a question. Can anyone would would like to 
recieve the stream, but would find 64Kb/s to be prohibitively high-bitrate 
please contact me, so I know if there in fact are any?

The new streaming effort continues for IETF 63. All eight parallel tracks as 
well as the plenaries will be covered. It is our hope that this effort will 
continue to provide useful timely and accessible access to the proceedings of 
the IETF as they happen.

An internet draft (revised since IETF 62) desscribing what the project intends 
to accomplish, and the efforts up to this point is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaeggli-ietftv-ng-01.txt

Streams are to be delivered as 64Kb/s unicast-http-streamed mp3 audio, a 
popular and relativly standard way to deliver internet radio. Most platforms 
should have a client immediatly available (windows media player, quicktime, 
real, winamp, vlc, mplayer, zinf, etc) capable of playing back the stream.

Streaming begins at 0730 CEST (UTC/GMT +2), August 1, 2005.

Visit the streaming webpage for additional information, access to the 
streams, updated broadcast schedule and links to the archived media as 
they appear.

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf63.html

To test your client against a currently active stream of the same type prior to 
the the meeting, visit the webpage for instruction.

regards
joelja

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       [email-masked]
GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten