Subject: Naming extensions, follow-up to IETF63

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:58:55 -0500

So, let's pick up where we left off.

As I recall the feedback was mostly positive.

Possible changes to consider:

 - Drop GSS_Inquire_name_attribute() (Sam didn't like it)

   This function's purpose is reflection.  Sam didn't like it.

   I think we would have to add a NAME input parameter to this function
   if we keep it, to deal with self-describing attributes.

   Sam, could you remind us why you didn't like this function?

 - Add support for distinguishing between multi-valued attributes whose
   values are ordered and those whose values aren't.

 - Move mechanism-specific text to separate I-Ds.

 - Negative attributes.  What to do?  There was a very long discussion
   of these at the meeting and the arguments against negative attributes
   seemed to have the upper hand, as I recall, but the debate was hardly
   conclusive.

 - Others?

Please comment,

Nico
-- 

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten