Subject: Re: WGLC for domain-based service principal names?

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 06:42:53 -0500

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:30:02AM -0600, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 01:10:09AM -0800, Liqiang(Larry) Zhu wrote:
> > The name representations seems unchanged after the initial discussion.
> 
> No?  I'll dig up the e-mails and double check.

I can't find them.

Please remind me what convention Windows uses...

I've resubmitted the I-Ds with little change.

Thanks,

Nico
-- 

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Luke Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:53:03 +1000

>Please remind me what convention Windows uses...

Windows SPNs that contain a domain component are of the form
service/host/domain.

-- Luke

--

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 06:57:51 -0500

> Windows SPNs that contain a domain component are of the form

Thanks, that's what
draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-domain-based-names-02.txt says (as did
-01).

The only thing left to do is to assign a raw krb5 name type for this.
IIRC Tom Yu is the registrar, yes?

Nico
--

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:14:15 -0400

> IIRC Tom Yu is the registrar, yes?

Formally, name type numbers are administered by the Kerberos working group 
(we expect that to change with the eventual publication of RFC1510ter). 
When the last call happens, we'll run a simultaneous last call on the 
number assignment.  Assuming that succeeds, I'll ask Tom to assign a number 
which can be substituted into the document before it is published.

Incidentally, it's normal for documents which require new values in 
existing registries to proceed through the entire IETF process with the new 
values listed as 'TBD'.  Actual values are normally assigned by the IANA 
after the document has been approved.

-- Jeff