Subject: Working Group Last Call: GSS-API Domain-Based Service Names Mapping for the Kerberos V GSS Mechanism

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:40:49 -0400

The Kitten Chair has received a request to submit "GSS-API Domain-Based
Service Names Mapping for the Kerberos V GSS Mechanism"
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-domain-based-names-02.txt>
to the IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard.

Abstract

   This document describes the mapping of GSS-API domainname-based
   service principal names onto Kerberos V principal names.

A two week Working Group Last Call is being initiated in both the Kitten
and Kerberos Working Groups to determine if this document is ready for
publication.   Positive acknowledgment of document review and feedback
is requested.

The working group last call will terminate at 00:00 EDT 30 August 2006.

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:46:13 -0400

On Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:40:49 PM -0400 Jeffrey Altman 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-krb5-gssapi-domain
> -based-names-02.txt> to the IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard.
>
> Abstract
>

Note that this document describes a new Kerberos principal name type, in 
addition to those listed in section 7.5.8 of RFC4120.  Per that document, 
allocation of new values in this space currently requires consensus of the 
Kerberos working group.  Given past discussions on this topic, I will 
consider an absence of any objections prior to the end of the last call 
period to indicate consensus to allocate such a value.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA